Anyone tracking calories burned all day in MFP?

Options
kokorae
kokorae Posts: 64 Member
So I bought a Mio Motiva Pink which has a 24 hour timer on it. I wanted to know if anyone else was tracking all calories burned (sedentary/exercising) in a 24 hour period in their MFP?

I want to do that to get more accurate information, but wasn't sure if this is good/bad idea or what.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I do, but with a body media fit. It's incredibly helpful. I have discovered on completely sedentary days (meaning I felt ill and actually laid down at lunch and after work and I work a desk job), I burn about 1800 calories. Normal days it's closer to 2100-2200 calories. Very active days are even more. Active days without workouts are lower.
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I track mine with a Fitbit and yes, very helpful and it inputs the exercise even if I forget too!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How does it do that? I've been looking at them, but can't figure out how it measures calories burned without actually logging it in?
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    to OP: I think it's a good idea to see what you're average TDEE is. It might be better if you could track everyday for like a whole or something and get the average of the daily calories burned. Then the TDEE - 20% method to lose weight would be customized for yourself :)
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The motiva has a 24 hour clock. Today, just to test, I set the timer to countdown from 8.5 hours at 10:00am, right before I drove to work. I have about 40 mins left and then it will show me how many calories I've burned in that time period. So far I've burned 851 just sitting at work, rarely get up.

I guess technically, I could set it at midnight every night (since I'm up then anyway) and then reset at 12:00a the following night and just log the total amount burned (I'd have already updated my food log on here then too) via my phone really quick and have the most accurate information I could want to have.

May just do that starting tonight. Seems a little overkill, but that's how I roll lol.