Cheese addiction

Options
Anybody out there as addicted to cheese as me, especially white cheese....

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    That's ...random. :lol:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Asiago, Havarti?
  • Green_Faerie
    Green_Faerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cheese is supposedly naturally addictive. I love it.
  • cheesyhan
    cheesyhan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Total cheese addict here and I'm trying to be vegan....the 2 don't marry well. Lol.
  • martha8114
    martha8114 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love cheese
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Abbott Extra Sharp White Cheddar. The BEST snacking cheese ever! Especially if you like that "cut-your-mouth-sharp" cheese. Mmmmm...
  • bjohnnie4
    bjohnnie4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love dairy products
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!!
  • TheSunAndTheRainfall
    Options
    Just realised, I suppose I should offer some practical advice! Such was my love of it, I found the only way to go was cold turkey. I initially tried just keeping little cheese 'cubes' in (about 20 calories each) to satisfy cravings, but I'd find that I'd just want to eat the lot of them.

Of course, certain meals lend themselves to cheese addition. I eat a bit more south-east Asian food now, as those kinds of meals almost never have anything to do with cheese. It's going so well, I'm now disgusted with some of the stuff I used to eat. The thought of a mound of grated cheese on carbonara makes me baulk, though once upon a time I would have wolfed it down and asked for seconds.

Perseverance, and your tastes subtly change. Once I'm at the healthy weight I want to be, I dare say I'll go back to eating cheese, but in moderation; an occasional yummy meal compliment or stand alone snack, rather than the centrepiece of a meal.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have a whole brick of Kerrygold Dubliner in my fridge. So hard not to eat a giant portion!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Last night, made pasta and left out a 20g block of hard parm for topping. Boyfriend barely used any. When he started doing the dishes...

Me: Did you eat all the cheese?
    Him: No.
    Me: Can you bring it me?
    Him: Why?
    Me: I want to eat it.
    Him: You're just going to eat that block of cheese?
    Me: Yes, of course
    Him: Uhh, okay.

This morning...I am single! Jk ;)
  • Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like all dairy foods.
    I think you should move on to a deep appreciation of all cheeses. However only have a tiny sliver of each, and be sure to weigh and log in mfp.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well there are Wine connoisseur's in the world. Me I am a cheese connoisseur. I love my cheeses. All kinds. I just recently loaded up on a lot of Amish cheeses (bring home freeze some). Now if you look at my food diary, it is cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese YUM, prunes, prunes prunes prunes. (only down fall to to much cheese is major constipation. OUCH. LOL Happens everytime, I hit the Amish cheese store in Indiana..but it is oh so goooooood
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Last night, made pasta and left out a 20g block of hard parm for topping. Boyfriend barely used any. When he started doing the dishes...

Me: Did you eat all the cheese?
    Him: No.
    Me: Can you bring it me?
    Him: Why?
    Me: I want to eat it.
    Him: You're just going to eat that block of cheese?
    Me: Yes, of course
    Him: Uhh, okay.

This morning...I am single! Jk ;)

Hilarious :D.