I'm 27 tomorrow. People over 30, what advice do you have for me before my 20s are over?

Options
Be frank. Tell me what crimes to cram into the last 3 years of my 20s bucket list, or what I should be preparing for? =)

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    happy birthday as far as crime teepee some ones home
  • JimmyTooStrong
    JimmyTooStrong Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Enjoy hanging out with your friends without telling "back in the day" stories.
  • JimmyTooStrong
    JimmyTooStrong Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    don't get married and if you are married, get divorced.

eh3qydg8r7w0.gif
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    don't get married and if you are married, get divorced.

eh3qydg8r7w0.gif

Bird is the word
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    30s are better...and 40s even better than that...

20s were fun for the party scene, etc...but I was broke AF. 30s I started a family and the corporate climb...finally started making some money...invested some of it for savings and continue to do so...but also was able to buy a home, start taking some really epic vacations, etc and I have a beautiful wife and two boys to share these experiences with.

Off to Tanzania for Safari for Christmas this year...epic!!!
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    30s have been much better than 20s...I have some money now! I'm excited for 40s. Only 2.5 years left til then...

Advice: save some of that extra $, start lifting now, always wear sunblock and moisturize
  • MrsShonie
    MrsShonie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As my Momma told me ... you're younger than you think you are. I wish I would have listened back then as I'm 50 now. Enjoy you're life and and don't worry over much about your responsibilities. But i do have to agree... start saving now!!!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    30s > 20s in my opinion. Having disposable income is great! Some things I wished I did more of though in my 20s was dating and less being in a relationship.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 25 next year and feel that way
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jeez.... let's see,

Have a kid (or two) right away

Buy a house, make sure it's bigger than anything you'll actually need.
    Fill that house with a lot of stuff you don't need.
    Forget about any travel.... it's stupid.
    Don't worry about fitness, you can start working out when you're in your 60's.... or later.
    Lease a car & make it a luxury car, what people think of you is more important than anything.
    Don't read books.... many of them are filled with hard words.
    Eat Donuts.
    Watch too much television.
    Buy lots of expensive clothes (don't wear them, they're too nice)
    Always max out your credit cards, that's why you have them, right?
  • ImproperUse
    ImproperUse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have a few decades before reaching my age, but here are some thoughts for you. Life begins at 50. Ignore people who make it sound like aging is something to be feared. Being a senior citizen is a super power.

Save your nickles and dimes. If I had resisted every small impulse purchase, I'd be much richer today.

Don't open and sniff products in the stores. That's trashy behavior.

Be kind to children, old people, and animals. Unfortunately, some people see kindness as weakness, so be selectively and appropriately kind to everyone else.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Be frank. Tell me what crimes to cram into the last 3 years of my 20s bucket list, or what I should be preparing for? =)

Choose a career you love and to heck with what your parents want you to do
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    30s are better...and 40s even better than that...

20s were fun for the party scene, etc...but I was broke AF. 30s I started a family and the corporate climb...finally started making some money...invested some of it for savings and continue to do so...but also was able to buy a home, start taking some really epic vacations, etc and I have a beautiful wife and two boys to share these experiences with.

Off to Tanzania for Safari for Christmas this year...epic!!!

This makes me hopeful. I'm also broke AF but getting a kickstart in a new career field. As for a family, well, we'll see!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    All of you have shed much light. Muchas gracias.