went from 270 to 157.still fat

Options
So i started losing weight at a massive 270lbs. My ex always called me fat and this made me wanna prove to him i can change. which i did and left him.I dropped weight fast and now im down to 157lbs and imagined id be thin by now.everyone else i know that is in the 150s s thin except me.so im just wondering if at 5'7 i will be skinny by 130 or if anyone else has this problem?

Replies

• Briony14
    Briony14 Posts: 52
    Options
    I dunno you look pretty thin to me
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! You look thin in your picture. Maybe your mind hasn't caught up to your body yet. If this continues to cause you problems I would go see a therapist.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Do you work out? Your weight loss thus far is awesome!
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Its all relative isn't it - personally I wouldn't say you are fat.

Another 10lbs perhaps til you are SUPER THIN but thats just me. I went from 260 to 150 and am 5'7 and still wanted to lose more..

Then I had another baby and now I need to lose lots more ;)
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    You look good to me, but it's hard to see yourself through honest eyes. Good luck to you.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! You look thin in your picture. Maybe your mind hasn't caught up to your body yet. If this continues to cause you problems I would go see a therapist.

I have to agree with this! You look good now!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Not fat. Soft? Maybe. I can't really tell. What's your exercise routine like?
  • michellechawner
    Options
    you probably just want to tone up, not lose more weight. Maybe another 10 pounds would be ok, but i bet if you built muscle you would feel more like you want to feel.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Even if you lose weight, you may not see the results you hoped for just by eating a deficit of food. Do you do any strength training? It will help you lose body fat and gain lean muscle which makes your body less fluffy and more solid.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You are not fat. You look great!!!
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You are looking good! Sometimes it takes awhile for our mind to catch up on our weight loss with our body.
    Keep taking pictures and look at your new pictures often, this will help you with the transition.
    Once again...you look thin...you look great!!!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    A weight number doesn't determine whether or not you feel fat, it's a combination of your mental view of yourself, and your body fat percentage. I guarantee you lost a ton of muscle during your weight loss, unless you were lifting heavy weights, eating at a moderate deficit, and eating plenty of protein during your weight loss, which I doubt. Best plan is to start lifting heavy if you haven't already and increase protein intake. Good luck
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I have to agree with this! You look good now!

I agree with this. I think your mind still thinks you are "fat". You look great in the pics.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    At 5'7 - 157 s a normal range. What is it you want to do, define your tone or just loose more?
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You're thin, not "skinny," but thin.

If you don't like your body as it is now, either you are having a hard time seeing your weight loss or you're really looking for a stronger body.

Either way, start lifting weights.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic and not fat by any stretch of the imagination. And amazing weight loss so far. Keep going if you want but I have to agree with the others that you look amazing now :)
  • empawa76
    empawa76 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great - not "fat"!! You did an incredible thing losing all that you did!!
    at 5'7" you'd be skinny at 140 probably - but if you are comfortable and you feel good in your clothes, don't try to be skinny - again - you look great!!
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You look skinny in your picture and at 5'7" your BMI is 23.4

Underweight: BMI is less than 18.5
    Normal weight: BMI is 18.5 to 24.9
    Overweight: BMI is 25 to 29.9
    Obese: BMI is 30 or more

Start weight training--you can really shape and tone your body that way.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Based on your photo, you don't look fat. I have a girlfriend with the same stats and she doesn't look fat to me either. Could be your mind not wanting to see you slim, or you need to tone up your body, which will give your body a more defined look

Good luck
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You don't look fat plus you're looking at it all wrong....you lost a hundred pounds plus. That's incredible. Good for you and keep up the hard work. Keep an optimistic attitude and whatever else you want to lose will drop away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!