Body Pump

Options
Has anyone had good results using mostly body pump. I will be doing four classes a week as it's how the timetable at the gym works for me. Just wondering
People's results from this?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    anything you do consistently will yield results.
  • andrewuk66
    andrewuk66 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Body pump is high reps with weights to music. You can choose the weight to suit yourself, but essentially it's low weights, loads of reps. The main benefit is to tone your muscles. It won't make you huge like a bodybuilder, but will give you a nice shape and definition. There are 6 or 7!music tracks and each one focuses on a different part of your body, legs back shoulders etc.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love Body Pump! I usually do it two or three times a week (along with the other Les Mills classes). It's pretty much my only strength training and it's been very effective.
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you have never gone to BodyPump - PLEASE talk to the instructor before class. Start with low weights. Do not plan on going two days in a row - no matter what the gym schedule is. It's a great class, but you will be sore the day after.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    andrewuk66 wrote: »
    Body pump is high reps with weights to music. You can choose the weight to suit yourself, but essentially it's low weights, loads of reps. The main benefit is to tone your muscles. It won't make you huge like a bodybuilder, but will give you a nice shape and definition. There are 6 or 7!music tracks and each one focuses on a different part of your body, legs back shoulders etc.

It will give you nice shape and definition if you're in a deficit and losing body fat. Bodypump is not likely to get you to build any muscles...