Red numbers

Options
Does anyone else get annoyed when you go over your goal and MFP shows it in red!!

Fair enough if it's 100s over but 8!

Couldn't they do amber then red!

Replies

• theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just finished lunch at Disneyland and only have 100 more till I go red! Thank goodness for a few more exercise calories from walking!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    And yes, I realise there are problems with the traffic light system for free members who save cals for the weekend, do 5:2 IF, only eat back 50% of exercise cals, etc.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    And yes, I realise there are problems with the traffic light system for free members who save cals for the weekend, do 5:2 IF, only eat back 50% of exercise cals, etc.

I like the traffic light idea. There will always be members whose needs aren't fully met by the program limitations. We find a way to adapt, or find something else. :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    OP, the red doesn't bother me, but it did for the longest time when I first started. Learning to not view the red as bad (which is difficult since even in grade school incorrect answers were in red) was important, for me.
  • RuaidhriC
    RuaidhriC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No, I hate it when it's right at the break-even point and STILL shows red! WTF! I made GOAL! Right AT-GOAL, not over! *grrrrrrr!*
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It's one of the things that make us accountable for logging.
    Little psychological jabs
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    I like a nice mix of red and green at the end of the day . . . I just pretend it's Christmas. ;)

Seriously: While I can understand some irritation . . . figure out how to ignore the colors, or maintenance (assuming you count then) is gonna drive you crazy.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't care about it.

Okay wait yes I do. I have been known to be over by 20 cals or something minuscule and do jumping jacks to get back in the green.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    I object that hitting your number exactly is red. But just between you and me and the ads below, there's no storm troopers dropping from black helicopters to take you away for punishment. Don't worry about it.

I'll stop looking up for the Storm Troopers then :D .