Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Restarted

I joined MFP about 10 years ago. I have yo yo since then and have lost 20 pounds and now have hit a plateau that has lasted since like May. Today was my first day of keto. I'm interested to try it and hopefully it will break my plateau and help me lose my last 20-25 pounds.

Replies

• Good luck, started a couple days ago..so far so good. Hopefully see some benefits quickly..depends how long it takes my body to get into ketosis ..aiming for 20 grams or less in carbs a day.
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    One thing to make sure of when on the keto diet is to make sure that you're getting plenty of electrolytes. Salt your food with normal table salt and also "lite" salt (with potassium in stead of sodium)! This helps with the symptoms of "keto flu" some people experience. You could also add a pinch of each to some water and add a sugar free drink mix (like Mio or Crystal Lite) to cover up the taste. Good luck on your keto journey!