What's your lower cal sweet treat?

Options
Currently mine is Honey Maid Chocolate Graham crackers- 2 sheets 130 calories! Not bad and they are really chocolatey! Sometimes have greek yogurt with berries and a bit of granola or 72% dark chocolate- but always looking for new ideas- I like a little sweet treat at night

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm making this tonight, hopefully it tastes good...

https://youtu.be/uA3mTU0nlXc?t=51
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually like to have a cookie or two (depending on calorie goals) - household favorites are Marie cookies, Biscoff, etc...or homemade oatmeal raisin...and I've noticed if I make a cup of hot tea, especially flavored teas, and enjoy it slowly with my cookie it is way more satisfying and seems more like an "event" as silly as that sounds. On the other hand, if I had milk with it I'd probably want 6 cookies! I have no idea why.

Other times I like to have about 15 each of semisweet chocolate chips, unsalted peanuts, and a mini box amount of raisins with it.

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    While this might look like something else...lol! It's actually coffee/cocoa ice 'cream'.

Only calories from the coffee and cocoa powder! Maybe 5-10 calories?

Blend ice cubes ( 1 tray) I also freeze strong coffee ice cubes too - which I use a few of too
    Add in 1-3 tsp.s of cocoa powder/a bit of stevia and maybe a bit of some flavor from an extract - vanilla/almond, carmel, butterscotch, etc.,

Add chilled coffee to blend...ensure you don't too much - just enough to blend all the ice cubes
    Then add 1/4+ tsp. of xanthum gum or guar gum and it blends into a smooth mixture.
    Eat right away or if you want it a less liquidy freeze for an 1 hour or so.

It makes a large amount - about twice what is shown below...and this is a large bowl

dpoh4g4kzfqd.jpg

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1
    This low calorie cheesecake is one to try for sure...if you can handle dairy that is

or when I 'need' something now...

Greek yogurt with cocoa powder/Stevia and berries on top
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Fibre One Brownies (or really any of the 90 cal treats).
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've been buying these lovely meringue cookies in the store. 6 small cookies is 44calories of the kind I buy. In lots of flavours!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The pudding cups (the sugar free ones) that are 60 calories. And sometimes because I freaking LOVE sugary kid cereal, I'll have a small bowl with some skim milk (usually Capt Crunch)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I usually make dessert every week and keep it to 200 calories or less. This week was angel cake pudding (like a bread pudding, but with angel food cake cubes instead). Was it good? Well... I also buy a bakery treat I can resist for if company doesn't want a low-cal dessert. The pudding served 8. We were 6. Hubby had the last two pieces later, even though there were biscotti leftover as well.

Otherwise, I like dry Quaker corn squares cereal as a snack. And Mehadrin makes these yogurt bars. Basically yogurt made dense enough to be firm enough to form a bar and then coated with a thin layer of chocolate for 120 calories. (It comes in three flavors and I believe the hazelnut and capuccino varieties are something like 130, but I prefer the vanilla.)