Weight loss question

Options
I am planning on starting counting calories tomorrow. I have 20 lbs I need to lose. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. How many calories a day should I stick to?

Replies

• beckyr06
    beckyr06 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes, use the tools here on this site to input your starting weight, set your goal and calculate what your daily calories should be. Best wishes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Plug your statistics into My Fitness Pal, choose (at most) 1 pound a week weight loss. This will give you a calorie count to match your height, weight, age, etc.

Meet that calorie goal and if you decide to exercise, log that activity and eat back some exercise calories too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How many did MFP tell you to eat? Why not start there?
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Once youve taken the above advice, the only thing to keep in mind that no matter what diet and exercise you stick to, "calories in" must be less than "calories out". Everything else is just personal preference.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Plug your statistics into My Fitness Pal, choose (at most) 1 pound a week weight loss. This will give you a calorie count to match your height, weight, age, etc.

Meet that calorie goal and if you decide to exercise, log that activity and eat back some exercise calories too.

^^This
    timtam163 wrote: »
    Once youve taken the above advice, the only thing to keep in mind that no matter what diet and exercise you stick to, "calories in" must be less than "calories out". Everything else is just personal preference.

^^And this.