amos41
amos41 Posts: 10 Member
What is your go to recipe for sauce etc

Replies

• 0911shunamite
    0911shunamite Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mongolian fire oil by house of tsang!!
    And coconut aminos or soy sauce if you can't get aminos.
    There's also a coconut amino teryakie sauce I like. But I prefer to make my own teriyaki sauce with soy or aminos coconut sugar ginger and garlic but my main thing is Mongolian fire oil it gives a fantastic flavor and a hint of spicy but not much.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sweet chilli, soy, 5 spice, coriander and chilli powder
  • TheSunAndTheRainfall
    Options
    Sauces (as well as oil) can bump up the calories. Gochujang (hot pepper paste, Korean) is good as a little goes a long way. Tamarind paste is low-cal and is a great base for making your own sweet 'n sour as ready made sauces can have too much added sugar. If you can find OK sauce, however, you'll enjoy it if you like a savoury, fruity, tart flavour (and again, you don't need too much of it).
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use the packets from the grocery store...the ones you just add water to. Keeps the sauce calories down a lot.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Garlic chili paste, soy sauce etc. Whatever strikes my fancy in the moment!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce, oyster sauce, stock/water to dilute, and a bit of a cornstarch slurry to thicken. It's more or less a standard chinese brown sauce.

I also like using fermented black beans in stir fries. They're so flavorful that the eliminate the need for an extra sauce.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I usually just put a bunch of spices and chili peppers in the stir fry and then about a minute before it's done I add a little cold water with corn starch. Everything melds together into a nice sauce.

What spices and peppers I use depends on my mood and what is on hand.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I make sauce along these lines..
    http://dish.allrecipes.com/super-easy-stir-fry/

Broth (I like Better Than Bouillion brand) - rice wine vinegar - soy, fish or oyster sauce - corn starch.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    3-4 oz Soy sauce, 1 T hoisin sauce, 1/2 t. sambal (garlic chili sauce), 1 T black bean sauce, 1 clove minced garlic and 2-3 T minced ginger, cornstarch, 3-4 T broth if I have it and either rice wine vinegar or dry sherry (just a splash). It seems like a lot, but the flavor is amazing. Sorry, I never really measure so these are estimated.