Put on weight quickly if miss gym for 2 days

Options
Why do I put on 3 to 4 lb weight even if i miss gym for 2 to 3 days..and little unhealthy..very demotivating

Replies

• NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Missing the gym for 2 to 3 days with everything else the same isn't going to result in a 4 lb weight gain over the same timeframe. Say you normally do 500 calorie burn work outs each time, this is only a 1500 calorie difference which doesn't even translate to one pound. If you ate 3500 extra calories to gain the weight that would be more than a little unhealthy. Also weigh yourself again in a few days to see if it wasn't water retention or other factors.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mini141284 wrote: »
    Why do I put on 3 to 4 lb weight even if i miss gym for 2 to 3 days..and little unhealthy..very demotivating

what does 'and little unhealthy' mean?

if its that you eat higher carb and higher sodium foods then its because of water retention.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Its impossible to gain fat in two days. But you can gain water weight any day of the week. Fluctuations are not from NOT working out. I presume you are on point with diet everyday regardless of not working out or taking your rest days.

Stating its unhealthy and very demotivating? Consistency with diet (being in a calorie deficit at the end of the week) and with your exercise regime prevails every time.. its not unhealthy, don't let daily fluctuations demotivate you, you will get used to what the scale is really saying to you the longer you keep at it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!