Size 12 to Size 0 (with ridiculous photos)

Options
1234568»

Replies

• RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info...while I'm not qualified to dispute the information from your personal trainer and nutritionist, seems like something doesn't quite jive. It's pretty difficult to lean down or put on muscle when you're eating at a deficit. In my experience, most trainers would want you to eat more calories and not worry about the final two pounds before upping your intake - especially if you are looking to lean out, you're going to gain muscle and your weight will go up anyway. Size matters, not the number on the scale, and all that.

It's none of my damn business, actually, so never mind. Your story just seems so eerily close to mine. We're the same height, and probably close in age. I've weighed between 115-165, and everything inbetween. I was a vegan for many years, and suffered from anemia and other health problems from poor nutrition. I also struggled with severe body image issues, borderline anorexia, and chronic depression. It has taken me years, and years, and years to overcome these body issues and I still struggle.

I guess I'm just worried about you, even though I don't know you. But hey, like I said - it's no skin off my nose. Good luck with your goals and be safe.

Thanks, sweets. I do appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such struggles. I watched my mom go through a lot of that, too. I know that while it doesn't go away, it does get better, especially with a good support network.

Have you tried an iron supplement? I found a really great vegan one that doesn't upset my stomach. If you don't have one, I highly recommend it!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Thanks for the info...while I'm not qualified to dispute the information from your personal trainer and nutritionist, seems like something doesn't quite jive. It's pretty difficult to lean down or put on muscle when you're eating at a deficit. In my experience, most trainers would want you to eat more calories and not worry about the final two pounds before upping your intake - especially if you are looking to lean out, you're going to gain muscle and your weight will go up anyway. Size matters, not the number on the scale, and all that.

It's none of my damn business, actually, so never mind. Your story just seems so eerily close to mine. We're the same height, and probably close in age. I've weighed between 115-165, and everything inbetween. I was a vegan for many years, and suffered from anemia and other health problems from poor nutrition. I also struggled with severe body image issues, borderline anorexia, and chronic depression. It has taken me years, and years, and years to overcome these body issues and I still struggle.

I guess I'm just worried about you, even though I don't know you. But hey, like I said - it's no skin off my nose. Good luck with your goals and be safe.

I agree with this. I'm a bit dubious about these professionals you're hanging out with as what they are doing doesn't fit with received wisdom (and documented observations). I don't see how your personal trainer can expect you to build muscle on 1250 a day. You will be leaner if you continue to lose weight and may appear more toned for that reason. But you are female, very slim and vegan (and probably eating very little protein) so the odds for muscle building are not in your favour.

As for your nutritionist, upping your caloric intake slowly might be sensible so you don't get rebound weight gain but 50 a week is very conservative to say the least. All a bit puzzling.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I read the entire thread :happy:

Congratulations on your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    wow, congrats! you look amazing and super beautiful! ahhh i want to look like that, if only i could close my mouth!
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    awesome job! i'm inspired! i am 5'3" also and got up to around 140. no one really noticed (except my mom, that sweet woman) so i am sure if i posted dressed progress pics people would react the same. but like you i carried the weight mostly in my face, waist, and also my thighs. you look amazing! and i agree you looked amazing before! i'd love to get down to where you are at! will keep pushing, thanks for the motivation!
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    Options
    I went to a nutritionist who maxed me out at 1300 calories too and at the time, I was a vegetarian. I could not follow her diet for even one day! I found my naturopath to have more nutritional advice then a nutritionist. I wanted to learn about alternate sources of proteins and the nutritionist just kept bringing up soy products, which I didn't want to do.

Anyway, you look great!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I feel bad that I came across as judgemental.

I don't think the OP is too thin/anorexic/anything negative. She looks good and healthy, and more importantly she is a beautiful woman at any weight (no amount of weight loss can buy you that)

I got curious about the hulabaloo with the diary, had a look and saw what people were concerned about. Now, I don't think anyone is going to have a look at this thread and think 'the only way I'd ever look that good is to eat that little'; and in retrospect she has it all under the care of a nutritionist and personal trainer who she puts faith in, so it wasn't fair of us to judge her on this score when she is following received advice.

I just wish so many nutritionists/dieticians weren't guilty of putting clients on unnecessarily low-calorie diets. Maybe my view is unorthodox but I see food as not just fuel. There's an emotional and hormone-driven aspect to eating (in my opinion this is good!) and rigorous diet regimes tend to override this.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome!!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist has me at 1250 cals a day. We are slowly adding 50 cals every two weeks. Thanks for your concern!

You rock, and seem like a really fun person! Good job :-)
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look awesome, and obviously a lot of hard work and dedication (not to mention self control) went into your progress. I only hope I am even half successful as you are!

And to people who are ribbing this poor girl for starting her journey at 150. Sorry, but I am 5'2 and was 147lbs when I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago (which started this whole journey) and was told I was overweight and that I had to make big changes in my life. I was borderline hypertension and the doctor specifically told me that it was time to go on a weight loss plan. I have to go back in 3 months with a 10lb weight loss to get back into a healthy range for my height. I'm currently a size 10. A size 10 at 5'2 is not good if your body is used to being a healthy weight (my 'healthy weight' that my body always stabilised at was 135lbs).
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss...if I may add a note of caution though...please be careful when calling 150 "fat" - a lot of people on here would KILL to get down to that weight. ;-) Just sayin'

She never said 150= 'fat'. It was her heaviest.
    I am 1/4 in shorter than her started out at 135lbs. At 135lbs at that height, I was in the overweight BMI. So yeah, whatever its called, it was a weight we/I didn't want.

Edited to say OP looks great. Congrats.
  • ketoclysmic
    Options
    Just to be pedantic, let me point out that she started her post by saying she had found her "fat photos"; you can easily infer that she felt fat in those photos at the weight of 150.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. We're still doing this?? You know what? At 150, I was obese!! I'm currently 130.5 - and I'm fat!!! Just because one person is not "fat" at 150 does not mean someone else isn't. Just because you weigh 250, does not mean I can't admit that I was obese at 150. People need to get over it.

ETA: grammar...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!