71 lbs lost with pics

Options
arlenem1974
arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
I wasn’t always obese. I was born weighing it at 4lbs. 4 oz. I was a month premature. I was slim until I hit puberty. When I started High school in I was at best over weight. By the time I graduated at 18 in 1992 I was about 165 lbs. and at only 5”1 that is obese. By 1997 I slimed down to about 135 for my sister’s wedding. I did it the wrong way. I cut my meals in half cut out all the stuff I liked. I walk a lot like 2 hours a day. I was walking about 3 – 4 hours a day and at best I lost a 1 lbs. a week I was tired hungry and my craving never went away. I gradually put the weight back on. Started going to the GYM 2006 and lost some weight but I didn’t change what I was eating so when I stopped going to the GYM because I couldn’t afford it anymore that is when I really started to gain weight. By March of 2012 I was 202 LBS. I was miserable I was in pain all the time my blood pressure was 147/110 and I couldn’t breathe when I bent down. I know I had to do something so I went back to the GYM I thought that I could lose like I did before but after 3 months I had only lost 5 lbs.
Last August I was in IGA EXTRA and when I was waiting for my friend to go on break I started looking at Women’s World magazine and that where I found an article that brought me here. It was about a women who lost 137 lbs. by logging her food on this web site. I said to myself if she can lose 137 lbs. maybe I can lose 80. What have I got to lose its free. The next week I signed up. I started at 190 lbs. The first week I lost 4.2 lbs. I couldn’t believe it. By the end of the first month I had lost 8.2 lbs. Month 3 17 lbs. and by Christmas I had lost 32 lbs.
I haven’t been to the GYM since August. Most of my exercise is just walking. I eat the same foods I did before I just weigh everything now. If I don’t have a scale like if I’m eating at my sisters I just be more careful and hope I’m close. I do eat fast food like hot dogs fries and KFC. I log everything provided I know the nutrition.
As of this morning I weigh 131 lbs. I went from having a BMI of 38.2 wearing a size 2 X to having a BMI of 24.7 and wearing a size 8.
My measurements where
Arm 13
Leg 25.5
Calf 17.25
Hip 48.5
Waist 44.5
Bust 46
Now
Arm 10
Leg 19.5
Calf 14.25
Hip 36
Waist 31.5
Bust 36.5

I have always wanted to be 125lbs now I’m only 6 lbs. away. I might go lower but not lower than 115. I have medium bone and I know I have more muscle.

2n1yw75.jpg

this is me March 2012 at my heaviest 202 lbs.

2yubtqr.jpg

this is me at my 20th high school reunion August 2012 wearing a size 1x pair of shorts I was 190 lbs.

207xabl.jpg

this is me wearing the same top and size 1x shorts last week.

nnmxvs.jpg

this is me at 131 lbs. With a BMI of 24.7. The shorts are a size 8.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!