Go-to Meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• MaddieLynn2003
    MaddieLynn2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: I usually have 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp of cinnamon with 1/3 cup of oatmeal (either mixed or not mixed w/ the yogurt) and then 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.

Lunch: I've been craving brown rice lately, so I've been mixing 2/3 cup of brown rice, 1/3 cup of beans (I do black beans but preferences can vary), 1/2 cup of beets, and I might sometimes add in a cup of cooked green beans. To add some extra flavor I'll make a healthy dressing: 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tbsp honey, and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon. Delicious when mixed all together!

Dinner: For dinner I'll usually cut 1 or 2 russet potatoes, cut and wrap them in tin foil, and bake them at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes. If you're having trouble getting fat into your diet, then something yummy I discovered was mashing the potatoes with a fork (or any utensil that can mash a potato) and mixing in 2 tsp of almond butter (It's really good!). Then I'll have 4 oz chicken breast, and on the side I'll have some sort of vegetable (usually either broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, or Brussels sprouts).

*These are all single serve recipies
  • couchnest
    couchnest Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tms360 wrote: »
    My version of chipotle bowl!
    121 g of quinoa, 4oz of chicken breast, 80 g of pico de gallo, 1/2 cup of black beans, 1/2 avacado, spring mix.... fills you up without guilt!!

I've been experimenting with making my own version of this, too! I used the zataran's cilantro lime rice but was thinking I could do brown rice and make it myself to be healthier, but the quinoa is a great idea!!
  • couchnest
    couchnest Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Post your favorite 'go-to meal', fave meal, easy meal etc

Show me what you've been making ;)

Right now I've been trying to do a salad a day for dinner... and this week I have sweet potatoes for lunch. Came down with a cold so I've been doing chicken noodle soup for dinner though. I've also been trying to convert unhealthy go to favorites into healthier homemade versions, like the box pasta salads. chipotle burrito bowls, etc.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with beets and Baslamic vinegar.
    Fried Egg on sourdough toast with greens and avocado or mayo
    Tortilla filled with leftover steamed veggies and leftover meat...chopped chicken or turkey meatballs, ton of sriacha sauce.
    Baked corn tortillas topped with hummus , salsa and goat chz.
    Avocado toast.
    Mainly anything that fits on a toast or tortilla, I'm always busy.