Planet Fitness 30 minute routine.

I just joined planet fitness and I noticed they have a 30 minute circuit. I work 12 to 16 hour days and it is sometimes hard to get time to exercise. Has anyone here tried this and if so how effective is it? Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Depends on your goals as to the effectiveness. Of your goal is to get 30 minutes of exercise it sounds very effective. If your goals are something else it may not be at all effective.
  • mrcrocker17
    mrcrocker17 Posts: 1 Member
    I just tried it for the first time tonight. I found it to be a pretty good full body workout. Keep in mind that this was also my first time back in the gym in over a year. I will be making it a part of my routine.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    It's good- I liked it! Takes the guesswork out & you're done in no time!
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    I enjoy it too. In and out. Still feel like I hit the high spots.
  • man_dee_gee
    man_dee_gee Posts: 34 Member
    I just did it for the first time yesterday and I was hooked. I skipped the Step parts though because I already did 40 minutes of cardio. It took me longer than 30 seconds to wipe down the machine and move to the next though, so I kind of went on my own pace and tried to do 30 reps of each. I'm keeping track of my weight used at each station and hopefully continue to up it. My first go was pretty pathetic weight wise haha! I also feel comfortable in there, instead of out on the floor trying to figure out what machines to use and share them with the more advanced people.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've been doing the Express Circuit at YouFit, which is similar to Planet Fitness and I love it. I've been doing it religiously 3x a week since early Spring. I can definitely see results. I've lost 30 pounds (also tracking calories) and my muscle definition has improved.

My advice is to make sure you move through all the machines and do not skip the cardio-step station in between each machine and try to really get your heart rate up. I see so many people just go through each machine and skip the middle steps and I think that's a mistake.

Edit: It's a fantastic 30 minute workout, but I still walk/run on the treadmill for 25 minutes afterwards. But if you only have 30 minutes a day, I think it's a great option