Ab work out

Options
Ok all I'm tired of laying on my back to do abs and I'm stuck on thinking of a good ab work out for like standing up. Any suggestions

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    google standing ab workouts
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg raises are my favorites. Mountain climbers and planks (not technically laying on your back). Reverse crunches on the edge of a chair (feet raised), or flutter kicks on the edge of a chair. Wall sits (more for your quads but work abs too).

I found this too:

standing-core-workout.jpg
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Dch102801 wrote: »
    Ok all I'm tired of laying on my back to do abs and I'm stuck on thinking of a good ab work out for like standing up.

Start with deadlifts, squats, and farmer's carries. If you have any juice left, do a few cable machine twists or pallof presses. :+1:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Ok all I'm tired of laying on my back to do abs and I'm stuck on thinking of a good ab work out for like standing up.

Start with deadlifts, squats, and farmer's carries. If you have any juice left, do a few cable machine twists or pallof presses. :+1:

All these will help.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »

Yeah, I'd recommend focusing first and foremost on compound movements and working a good full body program. These things work your entire core (not just abs) very well. I throw in some hanging leg raises or chops now and then, but I really don't do a ton of direct ab work...there's much more efficient ways to train.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Not standing up but bird dogs and deep-abs jackknifes on a stability ball might help.