Polar HRM Problems?

Options
ajdhut9
ajdhut9 Posts: 19 Member
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their Polar HRM or any other HRM for that matter.
When I've been working out sometimes it struggles to find my heart rate, other times it tells me that my heart rate is at 55 when it was just at 160 in the middle of a cardio workout. Is it a user error? Is the battery getting low on my transmitter or have other people encountered this problem?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you are wetting the band and following all instructions it could be the battery. Mine will do the same as yours is doing when the transmitter battery is needing to be changed.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes and not happy with my Polar.

First the battery went flat after only 6 months and was only using twice a week and now the heart rate is showing 70 when I know it should be 130-150, really annoying. Would not buy another one or recommend them.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Yes I bought a CR2025 battery from Walgreens for my transmitter after reading up a few old threads of similar issues, and haven't had a problem since. Just be careful not to damage the oring seal when you remove the battery from its housing.

Other recommendations were to make sure you're wetting the strap correctly and also make sure the contacts are clean. May need to give them a good brushing so they're nice and smooth to the touch. Others yet simply called Polar and Polar sent them a new transmitter in no time flat. Good luck!
  • cocobutter88
    Options
    Mine didn't give me problems til now. I have an FT4 and the screen just went blank one day. I tried replacing the battery but that didn't work. I think it's really dead. Does anyone know of a place where I can get it fixed or do I just have to purchase a new one.
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yep have an FT7 and it worked like a charm the first 3 months or so.... now it randomly stops working, says "Check Heart Rate Transmitter" midway through a workout. Washing the strap in the washing machine helps - it'll work again for a workout or two and then back to crapping out on me. At least now I am able to make pretty reasonable calorie-burn estimates, based on the three months of data. Haven't looked into getting a new battery.... is it one you can just buy off the shelf?
  • ajdhut9
    ajdhut9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you are wetting the band and following all instructions it could be the battery. Mine will do the same as yours is doing when the transmitter battery is needing to be changed.

I've gone out and bought a CR2025 battery and replaced it in the transmitter and it is now better than ever. Thanks for the help!