Eggs,Eggs and More Eggs

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
Eggs are so versatile and I eat them pretty much everyday. Last night I made some really good scambled eggs. I cooked onions and pinto beans, then added eggs, cheese and BBQ sauce,hot sauce and smoked paprika, cooked it up and served it with corn tortillas. Really tasty. Looking for new things to add, what is your favorite way to eat eggs?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    huevos rancheros
    I like to saute some hot peppers and onions, add a can of black beans, bring to simmer and cook an egg on top.
    Spicy pickled eggs
    Green eggs & ham - scrambled eggs with greens, ham on the side
    deviled eggs
    egg salad
    corned beef hash with a sunny side up egg on top
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Shakshuka!

I came across that recipe during whole 30 and yes it was soo delicious. hmm I might have that tonight
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Eggs and avocado toast!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka!

Also my favorite. Or huevos rancheros, huevos divorciados, and curried hard boiled eggs.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka!

I came across that recipe during whole 30 and yes it was soo delicious. hmm I might have that tonight

I love it with beans and chorizo in the sauce, along with loads of vegies... And served with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs on toast with real butter and tomato sauce on the side. But then again I'l eat eggs pretty much anyway I get them :)
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Mmm pizza eggs, I make scrambled eggs with onions, newmans own sockarooni tomatoe sauce, cheese and veggies. I eat that with buttered toast.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Shakshuka!

Also my favorite. Or huevos rancheros, huevos divorciados, and curried hard boiled eggs.

huevos divorciados........I'm trying this.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka!

Never heard of this...looked it up...going to make it for sure.

Thanks for your awesome post! Short, sweet, and to the point :-)
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I made kind of like a meatloaf but with eggs. I got one of these deep glass dishes and put in some chopped bell peppers, onions, spinach, and cheese. The I filled it to the top with eggs (mostly egg whites but some yolks). I guess you can say this is a frittata. Sometimes I throw eggs in my soups. I also will use eggs in salad instead of chicken.
  • witchofthewater
    Options
    I scramble eggs with basil, smoked paprika, and a dash of soy milk. Then I add them to half of a roll with some strawberry jam!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eggs with avocado, mayo and green onions on toast!
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with avocado and salsa on top or a piece of toast with a melted cheese, fried egg and avocado.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    I made kind of like a meatloaf but with eggs. I got one of these deep glass dishes and put in some chopped bell peppers, onions, spinach, and cheese. The I filled it to the top with eggs (mostly egg whites but some yolks). I guess you can say this is a frittata. Sometimes I throw eggs in my soups. I also will use eggs in salad instead of chicken.

This sounds delicious and a good way to get a bunch of veggies in there, smart. I will be trying a lot of these suggestions!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato Hash (using homemade corned beef or roasted turkey) with nice over easy eggs on top. The eggs make it so special!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka!

Just googled...need this in my life. Thanks for sharing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Eggs are one of my favorite foods so almost everything here sounds great to me. I think my favorite is an omelet with feta and fresh basil and black pepper. Yum!
  • Grimmerick
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sometimes I like to punch a whole in my bread( I use a shot glass) , put it in the frying pan then drop an egg in the hole and cook it in the frying pan with butter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like to punch a whole in my bread( I use a shot glass) , put it in the frying pan then drop an egg in the hole and cook it in the frying pan with butter.

My Ozarks relatives call that "Smilin' Jack" and my husband's Okie relatives call it "Toad in the Hole" (which I've also seen that term describing some English dish with sausages)

Either way it's so tasty!