Healthy crunchy snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I eat chips I fit it in. I weigh them and then thats it. If I'm eating salsa I'll weigh out one serving usually 16 chips for 130 calories plus some fresh homeade salsa now that's a good snack in the evening!!
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Kale baked with some Cajun or BBQ spices...lovely :smile:
  • thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mccloud74 wrote: »

How do you make this????
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Celery or apples with a peanut butter yogurt dip,
    Rice cakes,
    Find some healthier versions of chips and do the math to make them only 100 calories.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I love Garden brand Veggie Straws. They're only 130 calories for 1oz, and they're very light so you get quite a few for a serving. They're high in sodium, but they fill my "chip void" for fewer calories than a handful of potato chips.
    This one never make sense to me, the calories are pretty much the same as potato chips, and the ingredients, are potatoes, potato flower, corn starch, tomato paste, and spinach powder. So basically potatoes processed to be in straw form, instead of chip form. They aren't filling a chip void at all, the are just a different shaped chip, with more sodium, and false advertising. If you like them better great, eat them, but if you would rather be eating chips, eat chips.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/07/13/veggie-straws-dont-have-any-veggies-in-them-claims-lawsuit.html

• Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Mccloud74 wrote: »

How do you make this????

Toss a bag of Kale with some olive oil (I use Fry Light) and spices, place them on parchment paper & bake them for about 20 mins (turning after 10 mins) and viola! They're also nice with just salt on :smile:
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Our Little Rebellion Bean Crisps...so good.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Celery dipped in a bit of salt. I wouldn't necessarily say it's something that everybody should try but it worked to satisfy my cravings for a salty crunchy snack.