Keto Diet

Options
Hello! I'm starting the Keto diet and would appreciate seeing diaries from folks who are doing the same. I need food ideas! If you are doing Keto and willing to share your diary, please message me! Thank you! :)

Replies

• damiller53
    damiller53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also starting the Keto diet today actually. I am imputing my percentages (grams) for my goals. I wouldn't mind sharing my diary with you along with any other input you wish to share. Good luck! I hope this works for the both of us!
  • KetoPaul79
    KetoPaul79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys, it's a great diet
  • TMcCoy241
    TMcCoy241 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am starting the Keto diet today. Just looking for some tips and advice. I do not have a diary yet, but I will start one as soon as I find out how.
  • moralesj0805
    moralesj0805 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! :smile: I been on Keto since June and I loved it so far. In my opinion great diet. Best advice I can give you try to eat things that you like. You don't need to follow a certain recipe. I eat a lot of salads with ranch, bacon, feta cheese, avocado, salmon... just remember no carbs :) I would suggest googling or even just playing around with your daily diary just to see how much fat, protein, and carbs your food has. Good luck!! Don't forget about the keto flu! It's real... and also don't forget to drink water!!
  • tmc0415
    tmc0415 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Under 20 grams of carbohydrates? I'm not sure I can do that! I read somewhere that you calculate your net carbs? I think this is all kind of confusing. I don't know where to find how many macros I should be consuming. Thanks!
  • moralesj0805
    moralesj0805 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tmc0415 wrote: »
    Under 20 grams of carbohydrates? I'm not sure I can do that! I read somewhere that you calculate your net carbs? I think this is all kind of confusing. I don't know where to find how many macros I should be consuming. Thanks!

Technically Keto asks you to consume less than 20% of carbs from your total diet. An example, I eat 15% carbs, 65% fat, and 20% protein this is from my overall diet. Of course the less carbs you eat the better. Can you stop eating carbs? Yes... it just takes determination, and patience with yourself.

Now my 15% = to about 50g of carbs. And in this range I can actually eat protein cookies, and protein cereal. Not a lot but enough for me to get my fix. Hope this helps.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    tmc0415 wrote: »

You can go with net if you wish but it really isn't needed, and is often a bit of a hassle to figure out if in North America.

Keto is usually under 20-50g of carbs per day. Those with metabolic issues like insulin resistance may need to go at the lower side of carbs to stay in ketosis all the time, but those who are active and healthy can often add in more carbs, especially if eaten around exercise.

Try a TDEE keto calculator to figure out your macros.
    https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/
    https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

As I said, carbs are often under 20-50 g, protein is moderate and often 15-30% of macros but some go a bit higher or a bit lower for medical reasons, and fat is the rest.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you also check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • tokyotfrog1
    tokyotfrog1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I aim for 20 net carbs a day. Feel free to add me.