Calories in/calories out

Options
Hi All

It drives me mad that my fitbit always says I've over budget even though MFP says I'm within budget when it comes to my calorie intake.

Am I best of just following MFP for food/calorie intake and fitbit for activity?

My calorie intake currently for MFP is 1280 but I tend to eat more like 1300-1350 as I hit the gym every day unless I dont hit the gym then I ensure I stay at 1280.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would just look at my real world results and the trends and adjust accordingly rather than relying on gadgets or calculators. Those things offer one a reasonably good starting point, and that is all they are good for really...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You are likely looking at the Fitbit gauge which is a look at that instant of time - and rarely does anyone eat through the day to exactly match what is being burned.

That said - yes follow MFP for all food related goals/logging.
    Use Fitbit for all movement goals/logging.

Don't try to follow 2 roads to the same destination - as you've seen, can be confusing and aggravating.

The reason for the difference, even if looking at Fitbit's daily burn estimate and eating level, is because they both estimate rest of the day's burn differently.

So while MFP is correcting itself to a better estimate of Fitbit, it's still estimating rest of the day at your selected activity level.
    Fitbit is estimating a tad above sleeping level burn for rest of the day.