Updated caloric values

Options
I need some help. My app just updated and it now says I can eat 2240 calories a day and not the 1500 I have been working with for the last 175 days. I did not change any of my goals and have been loosing approximately 2 lbs a week for the last 6 months. I have 15 lbs to get to my goal. Why the increase?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Did you double check your goals even though you didn't change them, it sounds like maybe they got changed during the update?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    The site has been known to do this on occasion. It's happened to me a couple times over the years. I just went back in and manually changed the numbers back to the original.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    at 15lbs to go, 2lbs a week may be too aggressive - maybe check your goal and see if its set to .5-1lb loss a week (recommended)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    at 15lbs to go, 2lbs a week may be too aggressive - maybe check your goal and see if its set to .5-1lb loss a week (recommended)

I agree with this.

If .5 pound a week loss freaks you out, go to 1 pound a week for a while. This will also help you transition into maintenance as you reach your goal :smile: