My struggle

Hello yes I have been logging in my meals I get frustrated sometimes and stop. I am only able to exercise three times a week because I work 12 hour shift's three other days of the week. I am at 5'3 and 170 pounds right now and My goal is to be 135 to 140 pounds. And example of what I eat in a day is two boiled eggs in the morning with a cup of coffee with Stevia. Then at lunchtime I eat a salad with boiled chicken breast. For dinner I eattwo more boiled eggs and a half a cup of oatmeal. For snacks in between meals are usually eat either apples a little container of organic hummus with snap peas or a banana. My exercise consist of using a maxi climber in which i burn 750 cal in 50 minutes then I do 10 minutes of ab work. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited September 2017
    Why do you think you are doing something wrong? I mean the diet sounds overly restrictive and repetitive to me, but nothing wrong with it if you like eating that way. How many calories is that per day? Do you eat back your exercise calories? It doesn't seem like you are getting much fat.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    To lose weight all you have to do is eat fewer calories than you burn. What you're doing wrong is eating the same food every day over and over and burning out. That's why you give up/get frustrated and stop. Eat foods you like, weigh and record everything you eat, keep your calories within your goal and you'll lose weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    The advice is the same as with your other post. Log accurately and eat at a deficit. No matter how many posts you decide to create if you don't eat at a deficit you won't lose weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    The advice is the same as with your other post. Log accurately and eat at a deficit. No matter how many posts you decide to create if you don't eat at a deficit you won't lose weight.

^^ this
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Log every bite and open your diary. People will find mistakes and offer help. The maxi climber burn 750 calories could easily be wrong.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    You can lose weight without exercising at all as long as you are in a deficit. I am 53 years old and dropped several pounds by eating 1240 calories per say with no exercise. Now, I don't recommend that but it works.

So the fact that you can exercise 3 days a week is good.

You need to calculate ALL of your calories that you eat. You probably aren't burning as many calories as the machines tell you so hopefully you aren't eating those back.

Otherwise just give it some time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I asked if you could open your diary on your other thread..

With that said, stopping your logging from time to time could easily negate any calorie deficit you may have by over eating on any given day. The exercise is a mute point if you are not eating exercise calories back.

Weigh and log ALL foods, condiments, dressings, anything that you put on your food should go on the food diary. Stay with the MFP calorie allotment and give it 4-5-6 weeks after being 100% fully committed to the process.