Divorce Diet: The best revenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Y'know what? It's okay for revenge to be the kick-start you need right now. It's a strong emotion and it can help you get started.

But your feelings may change as you continue your progress and you might have to stop and think of a better reason to lose weight. To make yourself happy, to feel better emotionally and physically, to stick around longer on this planet with your health.

But for now - screw that cheating ex, you can do this!!!
  • alexiscott31
    alexiscott31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People don't have to agree with my reason and motivation, but in the long run I know what is best for me. Thank you for your opinions though!
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have very many reasons to lose weight, but I have to be honest, revenge is one that keeps me going when others don't. I've been bullied for my weight since elementary school, you see, so that anticipated satisfaction of proving people wrong is a very powerful thing. I say ride whatever motivation train you find yourself on straight across the finish line, but know that learning to love myself and doing this for me has also been a crucial aspect of my weight loss.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else saying you should do this for YOU!

My ex husband probably wouldn't be into the "new" size 10 me anyway. His current girlfriend is over 300 lb. He liked me just fine at 240, 307, and everything in between...

My current husband is a different story, and believe me, when he picks me up and carries me into the bedroom like he did yesterday, I'm not thinking "wow I'll show my ex!"