Throwing out old clothes

Options
13»

Replies

• Jpoirier17
    Jpoirier17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sold all my 38 pants and xxl shirts to people at work hehe now back in 32 pants and medium-large shirts
  • Jennifer76elena
    Jennifer76elena Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Many food banks also have "clothes closets"

That is where I donate clothes & shoes.

The larger sizes are extremely rare, so please donate clothes to food banks that have a "clothes closet", a homeless shelter or a charity thrift store (like salvation army or st. Vincent's)

Larger sizes are hard to find used and it will really help the people in need who need those sizes.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I threw them out, donated or sewed them smaller to fit me at what I decided was my perfect weight. It really helps. After maintaining for over a year I moved to a completely new country and it was very stressful. I began to lose my grip on calorie counting and put on some weight. My clothes felt tight and it was not long before I made the decision to get back to logging cals and decreasing them so I could lose those pounds. So I vote everybody can benefit from donating all their oversized clothing, it will keep you get honest if you slip away because your clothes will tell you to quit fooling yourself if you no longer fit into what you have in your closet! Best wishes OP!
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    If you think your new size is hard to find in thrift shops imagine the people looking for your old size. Say goodbye to ill-fitting clothes. You will feel much sexier in clothes that fit you.
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    emilyofmysfamcottage Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I donated most of my shorts, pants, and skirts yesterday as a matter of fact. I tend to donate my clothes because I know how hard it is to find larger sizes at places like Goodwill. I will be keeping two pairs of jeans until I reach my goal though. My "I'm really, really fat" pair and my "I'm skinny today" pair. And I would like to see that tangible difference! But I still haven't gone through and gotten rid of most of my tops and dresses. Those will go after I have gotten something to replace them. Probably after Black Friday...just a couple more weeks, then I can say that (other than the above mentioned jeans) all of the sizes that are 20+ are banished from my wardrobe.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'd gotten to a size that I was so uncomfortable with that I didn't attempt to buy anything nice (had the luxury of being a PhD student so didn't need to buy anything nice or tailored for work). That's made it easy to say goodbye to clothes (via donation bins provided by the municipality of the city I live in) I've outgrown so far. However, I'm getting close now to the size I was when I lost some weight in 2009, and I've got some proper cute vintage clothes from then. But even that weight is about 10–15 pounds higher than my current goal weight, so the question of whether I'll be able to say goodbye to those still looms. They're A-line dresses rather than trousers so the sizing is fairly forgiving. Could be I'll end up saving those for 'natural' weight fluctuations during maintenance?
  • Jennifer76elena
    Jennifer76elena Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Higher quality clothes you love can be altered/sewn to fit you better. I am really big in the arms and shoulders and need to buy larger shirts, and then I sew them down the side to make them fit better