Creatine: Use minimum 4 weeks

Options
What does that even mean??? Do I take it every day even on rest days? Will something bad happen to me if I stop taking it before the 4 week deadline? And what is the best time to take it? Pre-workout? Post-workout? Thanks!

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Take with care, the guy who runs my gym was hospitalized in part by creatine overuse.

Unless he was taking absolutely stupid amounts of creatine and/or had pre-existing issues, it's very doubtful that the creatine caused his hospitalization. There has been mountains of research showing creatine to be safe.

OP, you cross-posted an identical thread in Fitness and Exercise. Maybe you'll get some answers there as well.
  • dill_milk
    dill_milk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Take with care, the guy who runs my gym was hospitalized in part by creatine overuse.

Unless he was taking absolutely stupid amounts of creatine and/or had pre-existing issues, it's very doubtful that the creatine caused his hospitalization. There has been mountains of research showing creatine to be safe.

OP, you cross-posted an identical thread in Fitness and Exercise. Maybe you'll get some answers there as well.

Thanks! I wasn't sure whether a supplement thread belonged in bodybuilding or food and nutrition. Don't think I posted in fitness and exercise
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Creatine is the safest and most researched supplement there is. A quick Google search will give you mountains of info.
    Yes you take it every day. 3-5 grams typically, whenever you want, although some say post workout is best. The 4 week thing is probably to allow for adequate loading to see results. Unless you take a huge dose for quick loading in a few days, it takes a little bit to maximize your stores