Need a Slow-Cooker Recipe Please

Options
2»

Replies

• xxkaylamae93
    xxkaylamae93 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    https://allrecipes.com/recipe/223381/melt-in-your-mouth-meat-loaf/amp/

I've been making this for ten years, now. I haven't in a while... Next time beef goes on sale! People really want to know my meatloaf recipe; I let them think I've got some magic secret. Just make sure you have a baster to get the fat out before you add the topping.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    easiest ever. Couple boneless skinless chicken breast, a jar of your favorite salsa and a can of northern beans. Put that on low for 8 hrs. Delicious
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Mississippi Pot Roast (except I use beef stew meat). It's great over rice, potatoes, or even egg noodles. We eat it once a week at my house.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    cookma423 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »

Gotta love the age of the internet: why attempt even some virtual interaction when you can just use a search bar? I'm not actually being mean, I promise. Just poking fun :) I know that threads in forums become repeats and there's a lot of good information already here, but by asking the question I also got some small interactions with some nice people. These days with instantaneous access to the entire wealth of humanity's knowledge at our fingertips, it's easy to just get lost behind our screens. I figured that if I'm searching for recipes, I might as well attempt talking to some people at the same time, even it is just through an internet forum.

@magster4isu I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how it works! I'm actually far more excited about this than I should be haha. @njlondres That looks really tasty! I'm not too worried about the low-carb thing. I love my carbs; I'm always running or cycling. I'll keep that one in the recipe stash to try for next time!

@cookma423 How did the weekend cooking turn out?
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @Lizakabibbis: Would you be willing to share your recipe for Mississippi pot roast? It sounds delicious?
  • cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @magster4isu One of my issues in life is that I forget to return to the things I posted haha. Glad I remembered before being rude this time! The Bloody Mary chicken was absolutely wonderful! That was gone so fast! I didn't get the chance to do much more than that in the slow cooker, but I have all the ingredients to try @kristen8000's suggestion of the thai curry coconut chicken. If I have time this weekend I'll throw that together. Beyond that I made Greek Salad and Cajun Red Beans and Rice. I'll be finishing all of that up tomorrow between lunch and dinner, so my week's meal planning turned out well (for this week, at least). There are so many good recipes here to try! I'm not even sure where to go next! I have slow cooker ideas to last me all winter! :D
  • fosti29
    fosti29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know you want slo cook recipe but I have a great vegetable stew with optional sausage for flavor that makes a lot in about 30minutes. Should feed 8 people, stores nicely and easily reheats. Made in microwave
    Prep time 15 minutes
    Cook time 30 minutes

2 yellow squash
    2 Zucchini or green squash
    2 to 3 cups of potatoes cut to bite size
    2 cans of stewed tomatos
    2 - 3 stalks celery
    1 large onion
    2 cloves garlic ( optional)
    1 Tbs parsley flakes
    1 Tbs oregano
    1 sausage link ( I used turkey sausage)

Directions:
    Cut potatoes and put in microwave safe bowl
    Add 1/2 cup of water and microwave for 8 minutes with lid on . Meanwhile as potatoes are in microwave chop up in bite size pieces the rest of the vegetables. When potatoes are done add ther rest of the ingredients to bowl short of garlic and sausage . Put back in microwave and cook on high 8 minutes. While that is cooking, add garlic to fry pan and a chopped skinless sausage , cook sausage till crumbled and done,combine sausage/garlic parsley, oregano in bowl and simmer additional 15 minutes to combine all flavors . Serves about 8 , I used turkey sausage , less calories and combined garlic with sausage with out oil but you could use EVOO if you wish. Enjoy
  • 0911shunamite
    0911shunamite Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    THe MOST SIMPLE crock pot I do and will go well with rice (cilantro lime rice if you like that kind of thing)
    Just thrown some chicken breasts in with salt pepper and a jar of your favorite salsa it’s fantastical
    Good for arroz con pollo - that rice with chicken a traditional Hispanic dish
    Or use in tacos or enchiladas or tostadas however you prefer!