Needing Encouragement

Options
I am also a 50 year old mom needing Encouragement! I have followed the plan now for the past 3 weeks and initially did okay and lost 7 pounds. However, this week I followed the plan and have lost nothing for the past 5 days. I was so frustrated that I binged today and ate 2,400 calories! Oh well, I will try to get back on track tomorrow. Hopefully we can encourage each other!
Laura

Replies

• peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dont expect the weight to come off every week weight lose is not linear all sorts of things can slow or even stop it for a time just keep doing what you did in the first few weeks.
    You can do this if you have a bad day try and remember why you are doing this.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have a plan you can stick to, and stick to it. If you lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks, you may have eaten too little, and that is not a plan you can't stick to, so you ended up eating too much, and then the plan won't even work.

Set up MFP to lose 1% of your body weight per week, log everything you eat and drink, and hit those calorie every day.
  • clarannebrowning
    clarannebrowning Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lcsmaling wrote: »
    I am also a 50 year old mom needing Encouragement! I have followed the plan now for the past 3 weeks and initially did okay and lost 7 pounds. However, this week I followed the plan and have lost nothing for the past 5 days. I was so frustrated that I binged today and ate 2,400 calories! Oh well, I will try to get back on track tomorrow. Hopefully we can encourage each other!
    Laura

Don't be hard on yourself you can do this. It's one day at a time. You'll get there. Please accept my friend request
  • angesmith08
    angesmith08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself for the binge and wipe the slate clean for the new day. Give yourself a cheat day every week, same day and practice delayed gratification knowing that cheat day is coming. It seems counterintuitive but bodies adapt to what they always get. If you shake it up you confuse your body on the cheat day and it will benefit you. The point is give yourself time to learn your body. Tiny small steps is better than huge steps every once in a while. Hope this helps. Stay strong.

Angela
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.