Started the journey because of SO diabetes

Options
Hi guys

A month ago I started ago my husband and I started a diet. He got diagnosed with diabetes (thankfully he only needs to take pills, no insulin) and we decided to change our lifestyle.
To be fair: we were being very unhealthy, eating far too much fast food and not doing much exercise.
A month ago we started the journey and for two weeks now I've actually decided to diet properly as well.
I've been doing Intermittent Fasting (16:8) for over a week now and I'm on a 1.200calories limit. I'm also doing cardio 3 to 4 times a week and walking an hour each week.

So far I've lost 5kgs and my first target which was to lose 15kgs seem a lot easier to reach now so much that I might push it further !

I'd love to find some friends here to help each other reach our respective goals and cheer ourselves along the way!

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm a recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic who has dropped my A1c from 11 to 4.9 using exercise and diet. I'm now off all meds except metformin, which I would prefer to continue. My recommendation is to get a blood glucose meter and test frequently until he learns how different foods and activities affect him.

Is your husband doing Intermittent Fasting as well? It doesn't seem like it would work well with most diabetes meds.
  • Asturiah
    Asturiah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you !
    Hubby is not doing IF, only me and is, like you, only using metformin. He's currently at around 5 for his score in general, pretty proud of him, but some days are harder than others, he dreams of a McDonald's but knows that is might send his numbers right up.
    Congrats on keeping your numbers so low ! That's amazing!