PMS and hunger

Options
So.....sometimes, it stinks being a woman.

Low energy in the gym this morning, and now I'm starving. I've had my usual breakfast and had to do my snack early because I couldn't concentrate on work because of the hunger. I ate the snack and it's like I didn't eat anything at all. All I can think of is going to get something really yummy and yes bad for me and weight loss for lunch.

Replies

• Marcie9278
    Marcie9278 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just read an interesting article on WebMD about my problem. http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/is-pms-sabotaging-your-diet

I guess I just have to resist and do the best I can. I'll eat lunch and a couple extra snack today. I'll probably go over calories but maybe not as huge of a dent as hibachi chicken, yum yum sauce and rice would....mmmm.....

• susiec70
    susiec70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning, drink lots of water and try to make a good food choice for lunch... u got this!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I don't actually get those PMS cravings any more, think I've retrained my brain that it only gets x amount of food: - 3 meals/ 2 snacks end of! - alot of our cravings are mind over matter anyway! I do have ironclad willpower mind you or else its just an ingrained habit after 5 years of calorie counting.
  • Camigwen
    Camigwen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I get those same cravings and some days there is no use denying yourself what you crave as you'll end up overeating other stuff and still feel unsatisfied.

If you know those cravings are coming you can allow for a couple hundred extra calories for 2-3 days and just cut back a little further the rest of the week.

This at least allows you to meet a weekly calorie goal so is less likely to derail your weight loss efforts.