Why I Gain Weight, the Danger of "Magic" Foods...

Options
J72FIT
J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
Another great, short common sense post from Brad Pilon...

http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/why-i-gain-weight-the-danger-of-magic-foods/

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That actually resonates with me. And I say this as someone who's limited refined carbs for the last 15+ years. :smile:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Another great, short common sense post from Brad Pilon...

http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/why-i-gain-weight-the-danger-of-magic-foods/

Pure awesome right there. Should be MPG required reading.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    this is why I hate the term "super food," or even "clean eating." bottom line: yes, blueberries or kale or beets or whatever the newest thing is have loads of nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, etc etc that are good for you. but they won't magically allow you to defy the laws of thermodynamics. you can't drink 800 calories of pomegranate juice, plus consume 2000 other calories, and do no exercise and magically lose weight.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    My favorite is smoothies...just because you drop food into a blender and turn it into a drink it does not become calorie free.

Ditto 'healthy' oils...they don't come with a free calorie pass.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    My favorite is smoothies...just because you drop food into a blender and turn it into a drink it does not become calorie free.

Protein shakes and bars for new folks too...seem suddenly "calorie freebies".
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

Protein shakes and bars for new folks too...seem suddenly "calorie freebies".

It's funny but in my past, anytime I ate something in the name of health I have gained weight...

"“We do tend to, don’t we, to look upon food so often, for what it will do for us rather then the delight of eating it…” –Alan Watts