Counting Alcohol?

Options
Valdus92
Valdus92 Posts: 25 Member
I noticed that an ounce of vodka is only about 70 calories if I work that into my 1500 a day caloric intake would it be ok to consume in moderation on a diet? I tried it on Sunday and before I knew it I had racked up 300 calories, but all within the limit.

Opinions?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Track it, carry on.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Of course you can have it! If it fits into your daily goals, go for it.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Drink up! Just keep in mind they are mainly empty calories...
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't rack up 300 calories of vodka in a single night, but neither am I going to claim that I have never had a stretch of days that all had 1-2 shots on the log. And yes, I was losing weight with this.
  • heatherrunsfar
    Options
    You can lose weight as long as you are keeping within the Calories.

The one thing to be careful is if it's regular and not a one-off type of thing... they are devoid of nutrition and certainly not helping your body be stronger or healthier.

Alcohol is empty so best not to indulge- especially since it lowers inhibitions and can make it easier to consume more of it, and then more of other things you are better to normally stay away from!
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I log all my coconut vodka yumyumyum! I usually decide how much I'll drink before I go out.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I workout hard in the morning before I know I'm going out drinking. I can drink like a fish so I always leave about 500 cals from my diet and try to burn 500 cals either that day or the day after. And yes...I have drank 1000 cals in a night easy lol. Sometimes I've even fasted the next day because it helps with my digestion and it also makes the hangover go away (if it happens). Man this post makes me sound like an alcoholic but I only drink like 1x a month or longer :P
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Do it! I've been drinking throughout my weight loss. Of course it may slow things down a little bit if you're getting out of hand with the calories, or are too hungover to work out the next day, but if it fits, go for it! as lifeskittles said, I'll workout extra if it's in the plans. I also actually love working out hungover because I totally sweat it out and feel fine afterward. Good luck, and cheers! :drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yes, log alcohol ...it is calories and it counts towards your daily goal...
  • Valdus92
    Valdus92 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh you mean it inhibits fat being metabolized? I guess the body goes for the empty calories?

Glad this subject made for a hearty discussion. Anyone feel free to friend!