Aldi protein powder

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
So has anyone tried Aldi's protein powder (Elevation) ? And did you like it? Just Wanted to get some opinions before I spent money on it. Thanks!

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of both the chocolate and vanilla, but I usually do not use a full 50g scoop. A full scoop of any whey protein powder will have an unusual taste at first, but normally people get used to it.

I put 32g of vanilla protein powder in my frozen fruit and almond milk smoothies.

I also mix in 10g of chocolate protein powder in a 150g container of any Greek yogurt and mix in about 13g of any of Aldi's protein granola to make a protein-packed parfait. Too much protein powder mixed in will make it too grainy or gritty tasting.
  • crawlinkingsnake
    Options
    I like it. It's cost effective, contains creatine, and bcaas. It is a little less smooth than most whey powders, but nothing gritty. I use the unsweetened almond milk from Aldi that only has 30 calories per cup.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi so much. It has helped my budget like crazy.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it tasted terrible. It also contains a "proprietary blend" and doesn't give the details of it (because proprietary). If you're going to use a concentrate rather than an isolate, I personally prefer EAS. They sell it at Walmart for just a couple of dollars more. The taste is much better.