what to do after finishing an 8-week program, still wanting more results?

Options
I only have 1 week left of insanity max 30! What next?
I`ve lost 3 pounds on the whole program (Was kinda expecting a bit more). An inch lost around the belly about, no change on the thighs or arms (but they sure are stronger :smiley: )

I want to ..
1- Keep my stamina (cardio)
2- Get stronger
3- Lose the remaining fat so I can see new muscle definition as I get stronger.

I am 5'7 at 134 pounds. (Goal weight 130, that's what I usually sit on, but I packed on a bunch of winter weight). I`m not going to obsess about the number on the scale, I just want the visual lean lines and I`m not seeing it at 134lbs.

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm actually on my third round of Insanity Max 30 because I kinda like the program plus I don't know what to do next either. I also added running 3 times a week.i was thinking to do a hybrid of Insanity Max 30 and t 25 since I have both of the programs.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    YASSSSSSS, MAX30 IS MY FAAAVE. I'm on round 2, week 2, month 1. After this program, I strongly recommend taking at least 3 - 4 days off. Your body will totally thank you. If you have beachbody on demand, would you try Shaun Week? He actually released a 30 day program for it, it's available on his site but you need BOD to follow it. Would you consider making your own like, hybrid schedule, incorporating your faves from different programs?
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You don't mention anything about calories, are you eating in a calorie deficit? You won't lose fat if you are not tracking calories and in a deficit. Exercise can aid in the burn of calories, but what really matters is how much goes in your mouth.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If you were happy with the results, you could run it again? I am not really familiar with Insanity but it is mainly a cardio based program, right? I ran TurboFire years ago.. and my results were pretty good.. now I am strength training and my results body-wise are ...different. It really will depend on your goals, you could incorporate more strength training to change your body composition (have more muscle definition) and maybe run a similar but less intense program, but if you are happy with how your results are going then I don't see why you can't keep doing what you are doing.
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ccruz985 wrote: »
    YASSSSSSS, MAX30 IS MY FAAAVE. I'm on round 2, week 2, month 1. After this program, I strongly recommend taking at least 3 - 4 days off. Your body will totally thank you. If you have beachbody on demand, would you try Shaun Week? He actually released a 30 day program for it, it's available on his site but you need BOD to follow it. Would you consider making your own like, hybrid schedule, incorporating your faves from different programs?

I don`t have beach body on demand but I have a friend who likes it... do I need an apple tv for that?
  • FemmeAndi
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You don't mention anything about calories, are you eating in a calorie deficit? You won't lose fat if you are not tracking calories and in a deficit. Exercise can aid in the burn of calories, but what really matters is how much goes in your mouth.

Yes I eat in deficit... i was following the program nutrition plan... i feel in category A and said to eat between 1200-1390 calories.. My hair started to get really dry and wiry and my nails really brittle, can`t even grow em out at the moment, they keep breaking off, low on energy so for the last week and half i`ve let myself have an extra 200 cals a day.

I also weigh all my foods and measure liquids :)
  • FemmeAndi
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    If you were happy with the results, you could run it again? I am not really familiar with Insanity but it is mainly a cardio based program, right? I ran TurboFire years ago.. and my results were pretty good.. now I am strength training and my results body-wise are ...different. It really will depend on your goals, you could incorporate more strength training to change your body composition (have more muscle definition) and maybe run a similar but less intense program, but if you are happy with how your results are going then I don't see why you can't keep doing what you are doing.

If that is you in ur profile picture.. i want to do what you are doing! haha I look lean.. but i want definition, but I still want to lose some fat. I don`t want to run the program again because I know already that I won`t be motivated because I already beat the challenge.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    FemmeAndi wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

If that is you in ur profile picture.. i want to do what you are doing! haha I look lean.. but i want definition, but I still want to lose some fat. I don`t want to run the program again because I know already that I won`t be motivated because I already beat the challenge.

Yepp that's me.. but it was a long time getting to this place. I focus mainly on weight training. I actually don't do a lot of cardio (maybe once a week? ha). If you want to try to incorporate more strength training you could give that a try. But since you love cardio and want to keep your endurance, I would find a way to fit it in as well. I used to be all about cardio. Don't get me wrong, I think I still looked great, just not as lean/toned as I do now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    You could always get some wrist and ankle weight to make it more challenging and do the program again
  • FemmeAndi
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Yes I eat in deficit... i was following the program nutrition plan... i feel in category A and said to eat between 1200-1390 calories.. My hair started to get really dry and wiry and my nails really brittle, can`t even grow em out at the moment, they keep breaking off, low on energy so for the last week and half i`ve let myself have an extra 200 cals a day.

I also weigh all my foods and measure liquids :)

These (bold) are classic signs of poor nutrition. I'm glad you've upped your cals. Maybe you need to eat at maintenance for awhile. You are the low end of a healthy weight already. Then consider a strength training program to work on leaning out. I'm 5'7", 155 lbs, 62 year old & have strength trained for the past year (SL5x5 modified). I weigh EXACTLY the same, but people say I "look" at least 10 lbs lighter and my clothes are looser.
    arkrslb7dial.jpg

That`s amazing! Thanks for sharing! You look great!
  • FemmeAndi
    Options
    I got the P90X3.... it`s unfortunately 6 days a week.. my schedule only allows me 5 days. So I am going to follow it.. it`ll take longer than the 3 months but wish me luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I got the P90X3.... it`s unfortunately 6 days a week.. my schedule only allows me 5 days. So I am going to follow it.. it`ll take longer than the 3 months but wish me luck!

i really enjoyed P90X3 it really improved my strength and flexibility. Tony Horton is a bit crazy though!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It's been 2.5 years but I did the original Insanity and IIRC the meal plan was pretty low fat. Is it the same on this one? If so that could be accounting for the nail and hair issues.

I use Fitness Blender now, I feel it's the bits about Insanity I enjoyed (interval training) with good strength training too. It's free or you can buy their programs really cheaply. I'd definitely check them out. It could be a way to add in "proper" strength training and keeping the interval training that you seem to enjoy.