Scheduled a meeting with trainer...I'm nervous

Options
Hey all,

I just joined the gym a gain but this time I'm doing their design your own program with the trainer there. I have a meeting tonight and I'm nervous about it since I've never met with a trainer before. I feel so uncomfortable in the gym but i feel like I've lost a lot of muscle since trying to lose weight.

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself you don't need to be nervous or uncomfortable because YOU are hiring the trainer. You will assess them as much as they will assess you. You have to be on the same page and work well together and agree on the same goals.

Everyone at the gym is there for themselves. So give it a shot. After a short while I'm sure you'll be more than comfortable at the gym. However, some people never are and that's ok, too. There are multitudes of ways to exercise and get fit without a gym. Good luck!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Just curious - how did the meeting go?
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Advice, don’t be afraid of telling your trainer that you don’t like a certain exercise, they can modify it to something you like better!
  • heylance
    heylance Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just curious - how did the meeting go?

Met up with her and we put together a plan for 3 days a week of strength and cardio. Yesterday was the first day but I wasn't able to make it there during her hours to show me the exercises she had planned. Still did cardio though. I'll be meeting with her tomorrow for tomorrows sets and have her show me what I missed from yesterday
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. If you find a good trainer that you are compatible with, then that's awesome. Remember, you are paying her to push you and to make you feel muscles you didn't know existed. Soon you'll develop knowledge of exercises you can do without having to rely on a trainer all the time. I hope your first weight session today goes well!