Do I set fitbit and MFP to lightly active

Options
I'm not sure if I need to set both or just MFP or if my fitbit charge 2 even has a setting to do that. I do strength training Tuesday and Thursdays 1 hour. I do kickboxing Monday, Wednesday Friday for 1 hour and usually run 7 miles on Saturdays at around 9:40 a pace and I make sure to get 10,000 steps if not more 7 days a week.

Replies

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MFP intends that you log your intentional exercise in addition to the activity level you set. So consider only your normal, non exercise activity at work and home. Since you have a fitbit, I recommend setting MFP activity to sedentary. The sync will give you credit for your steps, then you log the exercise. Eat back about half your exercise cals.
    This is the most conservative approach. If you find you're losing too fast, then up your activity level or eat back more exercise calories.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Can I set it to lightly active and not log my exercise?
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I set mine as light, and link my fitbit. So when I am more active it auto logs it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Most people say set it to sedentary but for me I thought that ended up giving me way too many calories. When I had them linked I think I did do lightly active and then just let fitbit do its thing and the adjustment was much more reasonable. So basically - you can set it to lightly active and then see how it goes for a few weeks and then adjust if needed. Losing too fast then adjust so you get more calories to eat back (change activity level and/or log non-step exercises). Losing too slow then adjust to get less calories (or just log your food more accurately).