What's your biggest challenge?

Options

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Knowing how long it will take for me to see the progress I want to see, but sticking with it anyways. It's long term goals vs instant gratification.
  • ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    narspips wrote: »
    Emotional/stress eating. I am one of those people who stuff their faces when stressed, sad or annoyed so that I don't have to think about it. Permitting snacks has helped to some extent.

I've decided on face masks as a treat instead of food. Added benefit of making me keep my mouth shut for 20min or so until i have a bit of control over the craving!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hardest thing for me would be genetics I guess. I am only 5'3" and have a small frame, plus I have a desk job, so I really get very few calories to work with. Add needing a deficit to the mix, and I don't get to eat much, about 1300 on an average day.

(Yes, I still eat above my BMR. I don't undereat for my size.)

Needless to say, the rate of loss is soo frustratingly slow. But, I'm almost at my goal weight!

Just a bit of unsolicited advice. I'm the same height as you, and I'd guess twice your age, and I lose weight just fine; calorie need is proportional to size - a smaller portion of food is enough for a smaller person. And keep in mind that weight loss IS and is supposed to be slow when you approach goal weight. Nothing you can do about it except be patient.

You're so right. I've been going at 0.5 lbs/week since I started in February. I know that any faster would not be healthy for me. Just getting antsy now that I'm only 4 lbs away from goal - beyond ready to start recomp! :smile:
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    kgk2nkp34tlb.png
    Yup. Jokes and food ;)
  • ree2lose
    ree2lose Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Rice, potatoes, bread, and CHOCOLATE
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Not eating every time my fiance does. He has an INSANE TDEE (4000+ cals) and mine is half or less. So obviously i can't eat as much. Not a problem at meal times as I dish him up a larger portion but it's when he is snacking and he offers me some and having to say no. Some occasions are harder than others
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    My problem weirdly isnt eating less, Or of what i eat. Im a bit opposite of most here lol. Let me point out first i dont have an eating disorder lol.

My main issue has always been my obsessive nature. I went from 235 to 127 - I had planned to stop at 140 (180 originally wow) I lost at a very healthy rate in a very healthy way, but since 140 iv been working VERY hard to slow things down. Focusing my obsession on eating more healthy foods to up my calories and remain healthy and fuel the sheer amount of movement i now do (its alot lol)

I love math so i turned to weight loss as a constant in my life. I could take down all the math, Activities i did, Foods i ate etc. And i found it comforting i could then calculate what was going to happen, And when it did i found it comforting. I need to work on new comforts.

I have always had to fight to keep things healthy. Eating healthy is never my issue, I very much enjoy fruits and veg and 99% of my diet is them. The issue comes when i walk say 10 miles a day + have a job as a mover i burn ALOT and to keep things healthy i need alot of calories, Working to get the right ones in the right amounts has been difficult. after a year and a half of this trying to keep food from being an obsession has been hard. I LOVE food. But im unwilling to let it take over to much. I eat pretty constantly in order to get the calories i need-so hard to not always be talking about yummy food and be THAT girl.

I dont have a whole lot more weight on my body to lose, So upping my calories and relaxing my movement a bit will be my main trouble basically. Im just so used to weight loss and being very active lol. Iv set myself up so perfectly for it, Going to take another full life overhaul to stop it. Which seems funny to me, To have my life set up so perfect in a healthy way i really enjoy, Lots of physical activity and amazing food eating big bulk often, And have to change my mindset to it no longer being healthy after a certain weight lol.
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My mouth gets bored easily, and I tend to feel sorry for myself when I say no.
    I so relate to this and love how you worded it. My mouth also gets bored! So snacking, continually is my challenge I need to change my habits of always feeding my face.

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    SNACKING. I could snack ALL DAY.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Blocking out the voices, getting a thicker skin, and staying in my lane.
    I'm always tempted to bail on my plan when I see someone else is getting better results on theirs. For a minute I was actually thinking "I should have let myself get morbidly obese so I could have got surgery like So and So" instead of being happy with what I've already accomplished. And most of these thoughts come from the morons in my life whose opinions I allow to get to me: not thin enough, not thin yet, not thin like them, too much loose skin, etc. Not helping things at all.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is food. I want all the food.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Battling my family. To them food = love, and if they offer me food and I say no, it's the same as if I said "sorry, but I don't love you anymore", so every meal is a struggle. They also make it very difficult to exercise because someone always needs me to do something for them. Even when there's nothing going on at the moment, they don't like me to be away just in case something does come up.
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not letting weight loss and fitness fall into the background when I get busy/stressed. This is the second time I'm focusing primarily on weight loss. Hoping it sticks this time.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Food is deeply intertwined with emotions for me. For example, one very rainy day in 9th grade it was pouring and my mom ran out of the house with a towel so we wouldn't get soaked from the 1 minute walk from bus stop to my house. She made pasta and meatballs that day and it was a very comforting day.

SO now every (and I mean every) time it rains, I want a massive plate of pasta and meatballs.

If I wake up and its a cool crisp morning, I want cinnamon buns and coffee because my SO brought me cinnamon buns and coffee on a crisp fall morning when we started dating, etc.

I get so upset thinking about how little calories I get. Honestly though, they aren't that little. Plus when I actually eat mostly whole foods, 800 calories is a TON of food. I know I need to get to the point where I can have cinnamon buns on a cool morning here and there, just not every morning of fall lmao.

Does this make sense?
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't have to accept every offer of food.
    I really struggle with this one!
    I tend to feel sorry for myself when I say no.
    Oh man - you just exactly described what I hadn't realized about myself! Thank you for giving me an AHA! moment!

• Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Severe emotional eating, and the sheer volume of food I can consume. I can down 4000 calories like it's nothing and not feel even close to uncomfortably full. I can easily consume over 10,000 in a day. I LIKE eating. I love feeling full. I like food that is absolutely awful for you. Now I'm going to stop talking about food before I go eat something massive.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sweets, which I've given up completely.
    And snacking, which is harder to change.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1). Getting out of my own head about losing the last 10lbs
    2). Eat diligently and mindful M-F only to screw up on weekends ( eating out and wine)
    3) beating myself up about it
    4). Repeat cycle