Options
2»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    cbetz08 wrote: »
    jamie31 wrote: »
    I've recently been diagnosed with Hashimotos and hypothyroidism after gaining 30lbs in 3 months with no change to diet and exercise . Thyroid has a major part to do with metabolism! Yes weight loss is still calories in versus calories out but which hypothyroidism and levels that are not optimal while others may burn 1900 calories a day you may only be burning 900 calories. So to lose weight you need to eat under that, HOWEVER that is NOT healthy! This is why it's sometimes better for our minds to just eat as healthy as we can and exercise regularly and eventually your medication dosage will help you lose weight.... have they also checked your glucose levels? Many times insulin resistance goes along with hypothyroidism

Thank you for pointing this out! I always get so frustrated when people say 'just restrict your calories and stay active'. I'm sorry but it's not that simple when you have thyroid issues. I did and would see no results in months at a time. I would adjust and still not see results.
    Yes I just had blood work done to check insulin resistance as well as check my dosage and all were within normal ranges.
    So for now just back to the grind

It really is this simple.

How can you know your caloric intake if you are not tracking this? Putting foods in containers is not an accurate means of measurement.

As stated previously thyroid impact your metabolism ~5%. That's 80 kcals/day out of a 1600 kcal/day budget.

If you believe otherwise have your Resting Energy Expenditure clinically measured and find out for yourself.