Peanut butter

Options
13»

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Go with a natural peanut butter and fit it in. PB2 might cut out the calories, but it has added sugar and added salt. Yeah, they powder it to remove the "fat and oil", but the fats in peanut butter are good fats that are totally worth the calories.

Some Whole Foods locations have peanut butter grinders where you can make and buy fresh peanut butter.
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter and have it almost every day. I use Skippy's Reduced Fat or Jif's whipped peanut butter (which is less dense so it has less calories). I spread it over bananas, apples, celery, etc. . Sometimes even for desert mixed with low fat vanilla ice cream. I usually only use 1 tsp of it as opposed to the service size of 2.

As long as I have the calories for it- I try to enjoy and not deprive myself.

Good luck!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is glorious!! Make room for it, and don't cut it with anything! Ack! :) My breakfast typically consists of a whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbsp PB and banana slices. Noms!!!!! :D
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So for lunch I sauteed some chicken and balsamic onions i've made... and thinking back to this thread, I added in both peanut butter, AND PB2.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    jif whips has less fat, cals than even reduced fat pb, the taste is not compromised

I eat it EVERY single day with celery
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    PB in Greek Yogurt makes an awesome fruit dip
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Also don't bother with reduced fat PB, roughly the same calories and way less healthy fat all the same bad fat, just don't do it.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I can't allow normal peanut butter into my life, for the high sugar content. I settle for monkey nuts, and the occasional salted KP.
    I know Thailand, and Asia use peanut butter in their cooking. I think, it's called Satay.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Furthermore, I don't eat anything that contain Palm Oil, because, I don't agree with damaging the natural habitat where Orangutangs live.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Furthermore, I don't eat anything that contain Palm Oil, because, I don't agree with damaging the natural habitat where Orangutangs live.

I've always wanted to try one of those.
  • astange83
    Options
    I love peanut butter as well, and use it daily on a multigrain english muffin. I don't understand how 1 tbsp isn't enough though. I made a point to fit the 2tbsp in once and could barely eat the muffin WAY TOO MUCH pb.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is so expensive here that i just make my own! it's just raw peanuts, a little salt, a little sugar, water, and the tiniest bit of oil, in the blender/food processor! it doesn't taste quite like the processed deliciousness, but i still think it's really tasty, plus way cheaper and way healthier!

as far as cutting it goes, i've never tried this, but i imagine a plain low-fat yogurt and/or some kind of bean (in a blender) like white beans or red lentils would add content (& protein) without adding too much extra weird flavor or calories? just a possibility... xx
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i bake peanut butter & liver cookies for my dog - but my husband eats them too...