2700 Calories is totally insane!

Options
13»

Replies

• gil_carullo
    gil_carullo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My calorie count that i need to take everyday is 3000, i i managing to take a total of 4000 everyday. I gained 4 kg now, from 58-62kg in less than two weeks
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time. I hope being here on MFP will help.

The others have good ideas on batch cooking for the week and choosing calorie dense foods. A basic slow cooker is cheap and really helps with batch cooking.

Don't forget there are a ton of online resources on those topics as well as eating on a budget. My student coworkers swear by one free cookbook that also had advice on shopping well and cheaply - https://cookbooks.leannebrown.com/good-and-cheap.pdf

Have you ever had good classes on life skills like budgeting and shopping and cooking? If you haven't, I learned useful adulting skills through Youtube. Cooking especially, I need to see people do it.

Or a MOOC (free online university class) can help you learn risks before you make mistakes. Here's one https://open2study.com/courses/financial-literacy (Believe me, it sucks to sign loan paperwork you don't read and end up paying off student loans until you're 35. And tanking your credit score makes it three times as hard to do everything from renting an apartment to buying a car.)

Best wishes to you!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    My calorie count that i need to take everyday is 3000, i i managing to take a total of 4000 everyday. I gained 4 kg now, from 58-62kg in less than two weeks

4kg in 2 weeks is water or fat.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Copious amounts of bread, Nut Butters, REAL Ice Cream. Full fat Dairy/Dressings/Condiments. Cooking in Oil. Frying. Avocados. A Chipoltle Burrito.

Ok, now I'm drooling and I just ate my pre-prepared safe lunch.

You know, all those things people trying to lose weight have to limit. I'd kill for a 2700 calorie goal.
  • MastaVunts
    MastaVunts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As I read, you eat 3 times a day, right? I'd like to say that you don't have to just limit yourself at eating 3 times a day. I know you have a busy day, but eating 3k calories with just 3 meals is going to be pretty though, specially when you don't have the appetite. You can fit some 5-10 minute breaks in your day to eat something from time to time.
    I'm doing bodybuilding myself and first time I was bulking, I tried to eat 4k calories with 3meals and few snacks in between. I forcefed myself. It was really hard. Now I'm bulking 2nd time and I'm eating 8 smaller meals a day. Usually get 3500-4000+ calories with that. It's much easier to get your goals like that.
    If you can have some breaks, then I recommend doing that. Buy some bananas to take with you to work. 1 decent sized banana is over 100cal. Eat cottage cheese(you also need to have decent amount of protein in your diet, and cottage cheese is proteinrich). Avocados are great to take with you etc.
    Also learn to cook stuff fast (and which are healthy) for your day. Something like chicken and rice or pasta or something. You can cook these things up in less than 30 minutes. In the morning when you make breakfast, you can easily also cook food for your whole day at the same time. Just take some time and practice ;) You'd be amazed how easy it really is.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 37 years old, 135lbs, and female. I generally eat 2300 calories a day (I bulked and worked up to 2600/day). You can add me and look at my diary.

When my mom died (2 years ago), my appetite was affected. It seems like there might be some correlation between your grandmother's passing and your weight loss. That's pretty common...and should eventually get better over time. School is also very stressful, which can also affect your appetite.

I pre-log my meals for the week on Sunday. I don't have to strictly adhere to the plan, but it takes the "thinking" out of it...and I can focus on the other million things that I need to do.

A single serving of Ben & Jerrys had 300+ calories. You could easily eat a large spoonful of peanut butter at each meal and at 200 calories at each meal.
  • tinytits72
    tinytits72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am an 18 year old woman, standing at 5'1" and 93 lbs. I totally get your worries, man. I'm eating 3000 calories a day (self directed upon external research). Today was my first day actually attempting it and damn, let's just say I definitely did not go hungry.

But with three meals a day, two snacks, and dessert, it's totally possible. Check out my diary. I had an okay breakfast, a big lunch, a protein shake and meal replacement bar for snacks, a decent dinner, and then a dense dessert.

I've heard (and I'm hoping) that the more you eat, the hungrier you will be. The trick is eating good/comfort food when you're not hungry. I was really not feeling dinner after my hefty meal replacement bar, so I made something delicious that I could never say 'no' to, lol.
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 155lbs 6.69% bodyfat. I maintain anywhere from 2800 to 3400 cal a day at 40/30/30. At first it is very hard to maintain that day in and day out but eventually my appetite caught up. Personally I start early 530 Prework out shake, post work out shake, then ahour later breakfast. Before lunch I have about 1200 cal. Snack between then an lunch, 200-300 cal. Lunch 1200 cal and the evening is down hill. IMO starting early helps alot, specially a good solid breakfast. Like I said I find myself hungrier now so I constantly snack on foods like peanut butter, etc. We have a vending machine with protein snacks and "health foods" also, so that helps. There are some days I am at 4200 cal. I also found a decent "Weight Gainer" by ON. Pretty solid protein and calories. Not as much sugar and filler like most. Ill drink that right before bed if I find myself low, below 2600, for the day. If you need tips or help, feel free to add me and look at my Diary
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    tinytits72 wrote: »
    I am an 18 year old woman, standing at 5'1" and 93 lbs. I totally get your worries, man. I'm eating 3000 calories a day (self directed upon external research). Today was my first day actually attempting it and damn, let's just say I definitely did not go hungry.

But with three meals a day, two snacks, and dessert, it's totally possible. Check out my diary. I had an okay breakfast, a big lunch, a protein shake and meal replacement bar for snacks, a decent dinner, and then a dense dessert.

I've heard (and I'm hoping) that the more you eat, the hungrier you will be. The trick is eating good/comfort food when you're not hungry. I was really not feeling dinner after my hefty meal replacement bar, so I made something delicious that I could never say 'no' to, lol.

Yes the more you eat, the hungrier you get! I am hungry mentioning it... And I just ate an hour ago...
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You are stressed, working your *kitten* off, and not eating enough. No wonder you're losing weight. Anyone in your position would.

Saltines and peanut butter. Snack on a dozen of those every day, and it'll help.
  • tinytits72
    tinytits72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jlhflex wrote: »
    tinytits72 wrote: »

Yes the more you eat, the hungrier you get! I am hungry mentioning it... And I just ate an hour ago...

How long does it take do you think? :s If anything, I'm gradually getting less hungry!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    GOMAD?

Gallon of Milk a Day.

While GOMAD is a little extreme, drinking whole milk is an easy cheap way to get more calories. If you like it and aren't lactose intolerant.

*Also you sound like an awesome young man (and I feel old saying that), but it really sounds like you have your stuff together. I hope you do get your own barber shop some day. Good luck.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I would die if I drank a gallon of milk a day - like I used to when I was 15 (35 years ago).

This is going to be more generic in nature.....lots of good ideas already posted. Find a couple of things that work for you and stick to them. Add just a few foods at a time. If possible. I am thinking for digestion and potential 'issues' trouble shooting.

I might not be using words that make my though clear. I find that when I venture off the beaten path (with respect to foods) that I might need a couple weeks to be able to properly digest things. Maybe it is my age (I am 50...) or maybe it is just 'my digestion' or maybe it is something else.

Just thinking out loud......
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was like you at your age. I just didn't want to eat a lot. I could forget to eat or be too upset to eat. This is a type of anorexia that has nothing to do with body dismorphia or compulsion.

I still don't have the same desire to eat a lot that other people do. I eat when I am hungry and I like my food to be tasty, but I don't think about food until hunger compels me to eat. (People who talk/read/watch television about food mystify me.)

Try getting in some liquid calories, especially in the evenings when it won't interfere with your meals. Ideally this will be healthy smoothies based on yogurt or milk, but even ice cream milkshakes will be helpful. Consider adding protein powder to a glass of milk to drink with your dinner. Make sure it's full fat milk.

And nibbling on nuts all day and evening will help, too.

Exercise can really help the appetite - especially weight training. It's good for the mood and stress levels.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Cheese is very high calorie, and so are things with added cheese - like salads and pizza. Eat all those things the rest of us wish we could eat, like double cheeseburgers, pizza, and fries! These are not the most nutrient dense foods in the world, true, but "healthy" has to be considered in context, and you don't need to be eating nutrient dense foods, you need more calories.

Drink as many calories as you can. Milk is good stuff.
  • danilelomax
    danilelomax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I ate over 6000 Cals today with no problem