Intermittent fasting

I am at 160 lbs down from a previous normal of around 175. Wholly attributable to a 19/5 eating pattern. I did it to make weight for a Jiu jitsu tournament and am keeping it off. About time. At 54 you have to wonder why it took so long. Psychologically it works for me because it simplifies the internal dialogue. Outside my eating window, the only choices are zero calories. Inside the eating window I just do my best. Sometimes my best is terrible but the window is small enough to limit the damage. On a good day my diet is close to Mediterranean.

I feel great and am no longer self conscious. My mobility is much improved. The longer I do it the easier it gets. I still love food and enjoy eating. I just eat less.

I exercise most days. Weights or Jiu jitsu but have always done so and was heavier. The advice I will pass on is to use whatever trick you need to control what you put in your mouth.

Replies

• mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Thanks for posting this!

I stared IF 16/8 a week ago and it really is the one for me I think. I find it much easier to control my calories within an 8 hour window than within a 24 hour window - and still a bit of wiggle room for treats. The weight I'm at right now (or when I started IF) seems to be the lowest I can get down to with normal calorie restriction before I get p!$sed off and fall off the wagon. I also love food and I've found that when my eating window comes around (1pm), I enjoy the food so much more!

So yeah really inspiring to read your post - well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!