Advice on going low carb?

Options
13»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I know, I know, it's like tilting at a windmill, but I still don't get why a doughnut is a "carb," bad or good. It HAS carbs, but it also has fat.

For example: Krispy Kreme glazed, 190 cal -- 44% carbs, 50% fat, 6% protein.

I agree, the casual classifying of doughnuts and ice cream as carbs is really annoying, but it does seem to fall on deaf ears :(
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This time around I started off doing "lower" carbs, instead of low carb, but have since tweaked that to meeting my protein goal (125 g per day) and allowing the rest of my calories to be filled with carbs/fat however that may be.

I'm on 1670 Cal a day, and usually my macros fall around 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. I've found that this keeps me satieted throughout the day and the weight has been dropping off (I've lost 16lbs in 7 weeks). I'm a 5'5" female and I started at 228 lbs, currently at 212 lbs.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    If not for dairy, I wouldn't have been able to lose the weight I did. Cheese was my go to food when I was really hungry. Still is, at night. The combination of fat and protein is very filling, for me.