310 Shakes / Lemonades vs Beachbody's Shakeology

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever tried 310 Shakes and/or Lemonades/Teas? I'm asking because up until this point I've been using Shakeology. I've seen the side by side comparisons of the two and 310 seems to be healthier (less sugar, etc) and cheaper.

Also, does 310's lemonade really work as an appetite suppressant?

Which do you prefer 310 or Shakeology?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I would never purchase a protein powder or meal replacement from an MLM. You can get higher quality for a quarter of the price on the market.

What is your objective? A quick meal replacement because you are busy or something else?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    joygeee wrote: »
    310 Nutrition is NOT an MLM. Anyone can purchase it from their website. They encourage clean eating and are a meal replacement shake. they recommend no more than 2 shakes per day, but also recommend healthy meals and snacks. There are a lot of people joining the 310 Nutrition community on FaceBook, where they have 2 nutritionists on hand to answer any questions. 310 shakes are plant based protein shakes that come in vegan or whey, no sugar added. they have several flavors that are quite yummy. I have been using the shakes, 2 meals a day for 4 days and I am down almost 4 lbs. b]Edited to remove advertising[/b

Four pounds in an initial four days is basically water weight. Not exactly proof of any effectiveness.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    jemuraka wrote: »
    I am going to try 310. I have a hard time making healthy choices and very little time. I've known very healthy and happy people who swear by shakeology, but it's expensive. I also plan on adding fruits, veggies, and almond milk to my shakes. I understand that food is better, but I've tried making better meal choices and always end up failing. I'm willing to try shakes to see if it works better for me. I actually like making smoothies so it's not much of a stretch. :)
    This sounds like a commercial, or that those very healthy and happy people are people you know from commercials. Everybody has the same 24 hours. If health is important to you, you prioritize food. Healthy eating does not take more time than "unhealthy" eating or shakes. It just takes planning and organizing time differently.

I imagine your problem lies in making healthy choices and better meal choices and end up failing. If you are like I was, you think you know what healthy eating is, but the goalposts keep moving around, and you want to hit them, so the more you're trying to get it right, the farther from "perfect" you end up; the range you get to choose from becomes narrower and narrower, and "healthy" food becomes "food I don't like that much". Of course you can't admit that to yourself, so you tell yourself that healthy food is time consuming and expensive. And if you aren't perfect, you have failed.

Healthy eating isn't that difficult. Healthy eating can be ordinary food, the food you grew up with, the food you find recipes for in real cookbooks.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    I might give 310 a try, just to see what the taste is like, since I am an occasional consumer of vega one which is a somewhat similar product (310 is slightly more expensive, but not by much). Protein + multivitamin products aren't magic though, so I don't think it matters that much.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    joygeee wrote: »
    I have been using the shakes, 2 meals a day for 4 days and I am down almost 4 lbs.

You need a 3500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat. To lose a pound of fat a day for 4 days, you'd have to be down 4*3500 = FOURTEEN THOUSAND calories over the four day period. Does that seem physically possible to you?