Looking for pure protein snacks

Options
So with my macros I have setup I can have more protein than anything else but I am finding it hard to get all my calories in during the day when I only have protein left. Any ideas on pure protein snack/meals that I could munch On?

Replies

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Firstly - What are your calories/macros that have you eating more protein than any other macro? (I guess if you are trying to do low carb that might make more sense, but my immediate thought was that you might be aiming for too much protein/too few carbs.)

I try to bulk up my protein servings at each meal. Chicken, egg whites, and whey protein are my go-to's when I need just protein.
    Other foods which have high protein, but more fat per serving- lean ground beef, lower fat cheeses and yogurts.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    What is your protein goal? You might not need 200grams a day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Foods rarely come as a single macro. This makes it very hard to make up a macro difference at the end of the day.

Pure protein: deboned skinless chicken breast, whey protein powder

I just can't see the average dieter gnawing away at a cooked chicken breast at the end of the day.

Protein is most often paired with fat. If you need to fill up your protein/fat macros, that's a lot easier.

Cheese, beef jerky, hard boiled egg, bacon
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Jerky.

But yeah, how much protein are you shooting for that it's such a large leftover at the end of the day?
  • BobbyGosbee
    BobbyGosbee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My macros are set at 200g protein, 150g carbs and 70g fat. I think my biggest thing is I like foods that have a lot of carbs. It is mostly what I eat or drink if I eat or drink whatever I want.

After doing research with my body type and what I want to accomplish that is the percentages I decided to use.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A little bit of debunked stupidity has influenced you, sir.
    My clue was your use of the phrase "body type".

However, if you want protein, protein, and more protein, get yourself a supply of tuna canned in water and a supply of egg whites.
  • BobbyGosbee
    BobbyGosbee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally not married to the idea of all that protein. Just found the information on a few websites about losing fat with higher protein less carb meals.

Any macro suggestions?

I'm 35, 6' male about 260lbs and I have a lightly active job with lots of driving with a lot of bending, squatting and walking in between for my job. I have yet to start actively exercising but plan to this weekend when I get the time. Back to school for the kids messed my routine up.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Set you data in MFP and follow the calorie goal &macros it gives you.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Your description of your job and daily activities indicates that the MyFitnessPal default macros are quite adequate for you. When you get into exercising and undertake a structured progressive heavy lifting program, you'll learn about getting 0.8 grams of protein per 1 lb of lean body mass per day, but you're not there yet and even that is not going to get you to 200 grams. Search this site for all the citations of Lyle McDonald. His site, https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/, will be especially valuable to you.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    So with my macros I have setup I can have more protein than anything else but I am finding it hard to get all my calories in during the day when I only have protein left. Any ideas on pure protein snack/meals that I could munch On?

Lean meat.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I stir together tuna fish and cottage cheese.. food as fuel.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Set you data in MFP and follow the calorie goal &macros it gives you.

I agree. Use what MFP recommends and eat within your calorie allotment.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Tuna chicken egg white shake.