Fathead dough how did I just discover you.

Options
Yesterday I made this for the first time to make crackers. I added a half teaspoon of garlic powder and they came out so good. I ate them with spicy guacamole--the single serving packs. Next I'm going to do the deep dish pizza from ketoconnect. Then I want to try pretzels, hot pockets and pastries. Has anyone tried these?

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    never heard of it what is it
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I just googled it. Is this a gluten free dough based on almond meal and cheese? Calorie bomb.

http://naomiferstera.com/fathead-dough-recipe/
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    You can use coconut flour and it's very dense / filling. I recommend that you get silicone mats and roll it out as thin as possible between 2 of them and then flip it (using one of the mats) onto a wire cooling rack that rests on top of a cookie sheet. It is wonderful stuff! I also make cheese "crackers" by taking cheese slices and quartering them and baking them on the mats.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Count those calories. Consider getting a food scale if you don't have one. Just because something is healthy does not mean it won't pile on the weight
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    " Calorie bomb." @jgnatca, that's all I needed to read, lol. I have enough of those already. Don't get me started on my Ramio raw chocolate bark bars..... :D!!
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do count my calories. In the mpg recipe builder the crackers came to 217 calories. Since I allow myself almost 1400 calories a day this fits perfectly and satisfies my need for a snack. I was getting tired of the meat and veg menu. Sometimes simple is tasteless.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I just googled it. Is this a gluten free dough based on almond meal and cheese? Calorie bomb.

http://naomiferstera.com/fathead-dough-recipe/

Too right. And since fat doesn't satiate me? I just can't imagine eating it.

I understand it's great for keto people, but I'd be starving on the tiny portion.