• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    This is why I weigh myself weekly. If I know how much I weigh it is hard to be in denial.

This!

I'm not sure how you can be in denial about 30 lbs just by clothing, but the scale would certainly make you face it.

Most of my regular clothes still don't fit so I've been wearing my maternity clothes which are pretty loose so not as noticeable

That's pretty dangerous. Comfy but dangerous. I would say ditch the maternity clothes, but that might be a rather expensive endeavor since you don't yet fit back into your regular wardrobe.

Side note: I hope the little one's doing well :smile:

She is doing great. Can't believe it has already been 6 months. Unfortunately I don't really have extra funds to buy different sized clothing right now so making due with what I have.
    This is why I weigh myself weekly. If I know how much I weigh it is hard to be in denial.

This!

I'm not sure how you can be in denial about 30 lbs just by clothing, but the scale would certainly make you face it.

Most of my regular clothes still don't fit so I've been wearing my maternity clothes which are pretty loose so not as noticeable

OIC I misinterpreted the OP to mean you were had got to maintenance and then had gained 30 lbs back. 30 lbs would be pretty noticeable if you were at goal, I think.

Not even close. I was 70lbs away from goal when I got pregnant. Gained 60 with pregnancy (the last 30 in 3 weeks due to preeclampsia-all water since I was barely eating). Lost the 60 quickly but gained 30 back already.

Yikes!

I hope you're fully healthy now and fit to be in a calorie deficit.

Are you breastfeeding? (That would take care of the calorie deficit already.)

No, I was unable to breastfeed because of all the complications and medications I was on.

As to my absence-I went back to work. It's been a bit crazy around here with work/sleep schedules between the 3 adults. Thankfully the baby sleeps through the night (usually between 830ish and 630am), but two of us works nights so we have to rotate who gets to sleep during the day.

That sounds exhausting. How are you doing?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

This!

That's pretty dangerous. Comfy but dangerous. I would say ditch the maternity clothes, but that might be a rather expensive endeavor since you don't yet fit back into your regular wardrobe.

She is doing great. Can't believe it has already been 6 months. Unfortunately I don't really have extra funds to buy different sized clothing right now so making due with what I have.

This!

OIC I misinterpreted the OP to mean you were had got to maintenance and then had gained 30 lbs back. 30 lbs would be pretty noticeable if you were at goal, I think.

Not even close. I was 70lbs away from goal when I got pregnant. Gained 60 with pregnancy (the last 30 in 3 weeks due to preeclampsia-all water since I was barely eating). Lost the 60 quickly but gained 30 back already.

Yikes!

No, I was unable to breastfeed because of all the complications and medications I was on.

As to my absence-I went back to work. It's been a bit crazy around here with work/sleep schedules between the 3 adults. Thankfully the baby sleeps through the night (usually between 830ish and 630am), but two of us works nights so we have to rotate who gets to sleep during the day.

So far, so good. But it is exhausting.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

This!

This!

Yikes!

So far, so good. But it is exhausting.

I have no doubt. I glad you're coming through the other side though. You had some challenges after she was born.

WMkxLMMG.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Honey, I've gained 30lbs back too, and I have nowhere NEAR the reasons you have! Be kind to yourself, you know what to do any how to do it!
  • Julani34
    Julani34 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) . Don't look back. What's been done CAN be undone.