What's the consensus...Are Eggs Good or Bad for us?

Options
2»

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Eggs! I love eggs! I actually started separating them so that I could have more. So it's mostly whites for me. I probably have six a day on average.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dietary cholesterol plays little to no roll in blood serum levels for the vast majority of people. I had really high LDL cholesterol when I started...started dieting which included a couple eggs most everyday...my LDL cholesterol is now optimal...

More and more studies are showing that it's mass quantities of free sugar and highly processed refined carbohydrates that may be more impactful.

Your liver makes more cholesterol than you could ever really consume...what you consume in a couple of eggs is pretty insignificant relative to the amount your body is already producing.
  • ViolaFlorence93
    Options
    Eating dietary cholesterol will do little damage to your LDL levels your body doesn't consume it best that way. Saturated fats on the other hand, will give you cholesterol. "Some foods naturally contain cholesterol, known as dietary cholesterol. Foods such as kidneys, eggs and prawns are higher in dietary cholesterol than other foods.
    The cholesterol found in food has much less of an effect on the level of cholesterol in your blood than the amount of saturated fat you eat." NHS source: nhs.uk/Livewell/Healthyhearts/Pages/Cholesterol.aspx
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Personally I think eggs are great and everyone should eat them for every meal... but that is because I sell free range eggs. I love it when someone goes on a fad diet where they eat 6 a day.
    All eggs are not equal though, true free range looks and tastes a lot different from your cage variety.

Do you have an opinion on Happy farm egg company? Just starting buying their eggs and curious if it's really worth the extra money.
    Are well looking for a more "orange" looking yolk or a higher yellow

What the wolf man said above..the amount of cholesterol in eggs really isn't a drop in the bucket compared to what our livers are pumping out.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Eggs are one of the better things for you. If you have cholesterol issues I'd consider having one whole egg and two egg whites instead of two whole eggs.