Cancer survivors

Options
Ever since I finished chemo, almost two years ago, I have had a problem with excessive sweating from my face and scalp. As soon as I do anything remotely active, it starts. It's literally dripping off my face. It's so embarrassing and I hate going anywhere because people stare like I'm some kind of freak. I always have to make sure I have paper towels in my pocket for my face. It's not stopping me exercising but I tend to do it at home except for when I walk the dog.

I guess I'm wordering if anyone else has encountered this after chemo and if there is anything I can do about it. I'm 33, I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking like a melting snowman.

Replies

• LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Would botox work?

Botox? I thought that was just for wrinkles
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn’t have chemo .. radiation didn’t cause anything like that for me
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    First of all.... Congratulations for being strong and standing up to this! <3 You're amazing!

A friend of mine has super sweaty pits and she has injections to stop it.... It's worth an ask :)<3
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    Panda8ach wrote: »
    First of all.... Congratulations for being strong and standing up to this! <3 You're amazing!

A friend of mine has super sweaty pits and she has injections to stop it.... It's worth an ask :)<3

Thank you ❤
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn’t have chemo .. radiation didn’t cause anything like that for me

Hope you're well now ❤