Calorie CHEAP Salad Dressing?

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    High quality flavored vinegar and balsamic are great & very low in cals. You don't have to use olive oil with them. Also try adding more than lettuce to your salad. And try different kinds of lettuce.
    Most of us want our food to taste good! We just have different opinions of what's good. I have a lot of salad but never feel like a rabbit.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar is pretty good on its own. You can add a much smaller amount of oil to it as well, if desired... the spray cans work well for that (you can find ones with olive oil now).
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If I haven't got any dressing or the calories for it, I just use lemon or lime juice.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Add herbs, they have a lovely strong taste.
    I make a dressing with olive oil, white wine vinegar and a touch of mustard, which is technically French dressing, but I alter the quantities to suit myself. Just half a teaspoon on a side salad well tossed will add flavour.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I just use balsamic vinegar on my salad. Hardly any calories at all
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I use vinegar and Dijon mustard.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My go-to salad dressing is Newman's Own Lite Balsamic. It's 45 calories for 2 TBSP and does not taste "lite" by any means. I also never need the full 2 TBSP on a small-ish plated tossed salad.