new...

Options
Hi!
I'm new to this site, a friend turned me on to it, and I'm loving it! I'd love to make new friends and help motivate/support others, as they may do for me! I've been managing my food and exercise a couple of weeks before I joined, and have lost some weight. I hope this will help me see my goal weight!

My reason for my username (not-so-corny), is a play on words, I'm allergic to corn. Is there anyone else out there allergic to corn? We are few and far between. I have yet to meet someone as severe as myself. I also try to stay away from processed foods, and all.

Well, Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to offer support!

Thanks!
Kay

Replies

• km1540
    km1540 Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... I am not allergic to corn but I am allergic to chocolate.
  • jodiking
    jodiking Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... I am not allergic to corn but I am allergic to chocolate.

I wish I was allergic to chocolate!! It would make this losing weight thing a whole lot easier :wink:
  • Notsocorny
    Notsocorny Posts: 37
    Options
    KM--Being allergic to anything really bites the big one. I went through a huge stage of denial after learning of my allergy, and as a result, eating corn and some derivatives gives me a million different reactions. luckily no anaphalactic yet. :-/ The worst about this Corn thing is they mask it with "natural flavors" and '"xantham gum" and about 60 other codes that I have on a list in my pocket book.

Jod--Chocolate can be addicting, no lie! I find that if I get the darker chocolate, that it is more satisfying than the regular milk chocolate, so I can enjoy smaller pieces of it. Well, just some food for thought :-) Don't let the chocolate take you over!!

Kay
  • Notsocorny
    Notsocorny Posts: 37
    Options
    KM--Being allergic to anything really bites the big one. I went through a huge stage of denial after learning of my allergy, and as a result, eating corn and some derivatives gives me a million different reactions. luckily no anaphalactic yet. :-/ The worst about this Corn thing is they mask it with "natural flavors" and '"xantham gum" and about 60 other codes that I have on a list in my pocket book.

Jod--Chocolate can be addicting, no lie! I find that if I get the darker chocolate, that it is more satisfying than the regular milk chocolate, so I can enjoy smaller pieces of it. Well, just some food for thought :-) Don't let the chocolate take you over!!

Kay